Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Count to 1500 using even numbers!
Train sets! EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019, 4:49 pm by TigerTankFan

» Ivlog General Discussion!
Train sets! EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019, 1:50 pm by TigerTankFan

» What is your favorite TV Show?
Train sets! EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019, 1:45 pm by TigerTankFan

» Train sets!
Train sets! EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019, 1:43 pm by TigerTankFan

» Count to 50 before a Regular Member posts
Train sets! EmptyMon 09 Dec 2019, 8:41 pm by Brandon

» Minor Updates, Features and upgrades
Train sets! EmptyMon 09 Dec 2019, 7:12 pm by Brandon

» Alphabetical Musical Groups or Singers
Train sets! EmptyMon 09 Dec 2019, 4:08 pm by TigerTankFan

» Count to 50 before an admin posts!
Train sets! EmptySun 08 Dec 2019, 6:43 pm by DJJosh

» Favorite music
Train sets! EmptySun 08 Dec 2019, 6:41 pm by DJJosh

Top posting users this month
Brandon
Train sets! Vote_l14Train sets! Voting14Train sets! Vote_r14 
DJAaronRadio
Train sets! Vote_l14Train sets! Voting14Train sets! Vote_r14 
TigerTankFan
Train sets! Vote_l14Train sets! Voting14Train sets! Vote_r14 
DJJosh
Train sets! Vote_l14Train sets! Voting14Train sets! Vote_r14 
bgradionetwork
Train sets! Vote_l14Train sets! Voting14Train sets! Vote_r14 
skouliki
Train sets! Vote_l14Train sets! Voting14Train sets! Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down

Train sets! Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

i am also still looking for some more cylindrical grain hoppers, and also anything of interest in the way of model buildings and track-side scenery, so feel free to offer some up if you have any laying about or know how to come about them
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 6:08 pm

any ideas yet for my summer guys?
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 5:28 pm

Am working on making my own pulpwood load, just have to measure my
new 50' bulkheads so the load doesn't hang out over the edge too much, once I find the measurement,
I will start looking for twigs and sticks that are the right thickness
and start cutting them to that length.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by Brandon on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 10:33 am

@1mtvfan wrote:CP rail ACF 4bay covered hopper is back on the rails at the LVCRR fresh from the renumbering, may go to the train store again in the next few weeks, but don't know yet

@1mtvfan wrote:paid a visit to the set today, and did some running, moved some grain hoppers around and a few other switching ops as well, but that's about it

@1mtvfan wrote:Rip LVCRR at this rate Sad

@1mtvfan wrote:paid a visit to the train set tonight, couldn't do much running, but managed to fix the coupler issues on my one AP flat, just have to fix the other with some more shims if i can find some, and hopefully get this done before getting my summer boycott started.

@1mtvfan wrote:update, ACF covered hopper is back from the renumber, and the AP flat in TOFC service does not need a shim under its coupler so there is no need for extra work.

@1mtvfan wrote: i am also still looking for some more cylindrical grain hoppers, and also anything of interest in the way of model buildings and track-side scenery, so feel free to offer some up if you have any laying about or know how to come about them

@1mtvfan wrote:any ideas yet for my summer guys?

@1mtvfan wrote:Am working on making my own pulpwood load, just have to measure my
new 50' bulkheads so the load doesn't hang out over the edge too much, once I find the measurement,
I will start looking for twigs and sticks that are the right thickness
and start cutting them to that length.

@1mtvfan wrote:
@1mtvfan wrote:Just an idea, but will have to see what TTfan says

Note: This is the continuation thread of the original train set topic: https://www.broadcastingduo.com/t378-train-sets .

Thanks for those updates on your #train_set .

Why did you quote the first post in this topic?

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! Social10Train sets! Social11Train sets! Youtub13
BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10241
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 12520
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 22
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 1:20 pm

oh, that was an error on my part, i was on my mini tablet and must have hit the quote button by mistake
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:27 pm

update, still no landscaping work yet, sit out continues
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by DJJosh on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 4:03 pm

Wow still talking about train sets. I haven't been here in a long time. It seems it has been making progess since I have I have been gone Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 1417
Smart Coins : 1702
Join date : 2014-12-25

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

@DJJosh wrote:Wow still talking about train sets. I haven't been here in a long time. It seems it has been making progess since I have I have been gone Smile

well, slow progress at best, but still progress
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm

saw the set last night, for the first time in weeks did some running, and got the measurements i need for making my homemade pulpwood load, but going to take a second look for some certainty.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:50 pm

further update,
now have the proper width on my 50' bulkhead flat, so can now begin looking for the proper materials to assemble a homemade pulpwood load, super exciting
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by DJJosh on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 6:07 pm

@1mtvfan wrote:further update,
now have the proper width on my 50' bulkhead flat, so can now begin looking for the proper materials to assemble a homemade pulpwood load, super exciting

Very interesting. Not sure how you got your text to look all blue like that Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 1417
Smart Coins : 1702
Join date : 2014-12-25

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 8:07 pm

it's in the color button section, and thwe home made pulpwood load building is underway, if very slow going
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

just have to add some more layers to the homemade pulp wood load and then call it done, i figure four layers should do it enough
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by DJJosh on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:31 pm

The color thing isn't working at all. I can't even get the font to change at all either. It still looks the same. Also very interesting Charlie Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 1417
Smart Coins : 1702
Join date : 2014-12-25

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:09 pm

on the window where you type, hit the colors square
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by Brandon on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 9:07 am

@1mtvfan wrote:it's in the color button section, and thwe home made pulpwood load building is underway, if very slow going

@1mtvfan wrote:just have to add some more layers to the homemade pulp wood load and then call it done, i figure four layers should do it enough

@1mtvfan wrote:on the window where you type, hit the colors square

Do keep in mind that typing whole posts (more then a couple sentences), is against the rules and can lead to a reminder.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! Social10Train sets! Social11Train sets! Youtub13
BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10241
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 12520
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 22
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 10:19 am

noted, but may remove my last line there, it's not relevant to the topic, also, my homemade pulp wood load is coming nice, but if it gets to be too heavy by the end, i may just abandon the plan entirely and find another load idea.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by Brandon on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:09 pm

@1mtvfan wrote:noted, but may remove my last line there, it's not relevant to the topic, also, my homemade pulp wood load is coming nice, but if it gets to be too heavy by the end, i may just abandon the plan entirely and find another load idea.

You can keep it there if you like, since you were trying to help Josh.

What is this pulp wood load thing anyway?

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! Social10Train sets! Social11Train sets! Youtub13
BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10241
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 12520
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 22
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by TigerTankFan on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:30 pm

Pulpwood is a type of railcar load, and is frequently used to make paper products but people can also buy it for firewood. The frequency of it being seen tends to vary by location though.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 1772
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 2469
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:42 pm

@Brandon wrote:
@1mtvfan wrote:noted, but may remove my last line there, it's not relevant to the topic, also, my homemade pulp wood load is coming nice, but if it gets to be too heavy by the end, i may just abandon the plan entirely and find another load idea.

You can keep it there if you like, since you were trying to help Josh.

What is this pulp wood load thing anyway?

@tigertankfan wrote:Pulpwood is a type of rail car load, and is frequently used to make paper products but people can also buy it for firewood. The frequency of it being seen tends to vary by location though.

it is a type of wood used to make paper and paper products, it is often shipped by rail to pulp mills to be processed into paper
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 6:52 pm

2nd level of load is almost complete, may only go one more level
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 9:30 pm

further update, will test the load to see if i should or shouldn't add a 3rd level to it or not. may have to abandon the idea and go back to original load, saw a load online, but my dad has said to try and buy it at the nearest hobby store instead of online, online would be cheaper, but dad has still said no, and i know i am not going to keep the pipe loads i made in my 50' bulkheads all the time, nor do i want to run them empty all the time either, so my only other option is to put them away in their boxes and leave them there on the shelf.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by DJJosh on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 11:49 pm

@1mtvfan wrote:on the window where you type, hit the colors square

I did that more than once and it didn't work. I also tried to change the font to times new roman that didn't work either. I thought I was doing it right but nothing happened Sad
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 1417
Smart Coins : 1702
Join date : 2014-12-25

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:53 am

on the bar above the text window, hit the colors button josh, also, will be testing the new pulpwood load tonight to see if i should add another level or not.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
TV Sports Analyst
TV Sports Analyst

Posts : 8035
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8658
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 39
Location : Cantada

Back to top Go down

Train sets! Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by Brandon on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:34 am

@tigertankfan wrote:Pulpwood is a type of rail car load, and is frequently used to make paper products but people can also buy it for firewood. The frequency of it being seen tends to vary by location though.

it is a type of wood used to make paper and paper products, it is often shipped by rail to pulp mills to be processed into paper[/quote]

@1mtvfan wrote:2nd level of load is almost complete, may only go one more level  

@1mtvfan wrote:further update, will test the load to see if i should or shouldn't add a 3rd level to it or not. may have to abandon the idea and go back to original load, saw a load online, but my dad has said to try and buy it at the nearest hobby store  instead of online, online would be cheaper, but dad has still said no, and i know i am not going to keep the pipe loads i made in my 50' bulkheads all the time, nor do i want to run them empty all the time either, so my only other option is to put them away in their boxes and leave them there on the shelf.      

Thanks for these updates on your #train_set . How does this pulp wood come into play on your train set? What are going to use it for?

@DJJosh wrote:
@1mtvfan wrote:on the window where you type, hit the colors square

I did that more than once and it didn't work. I also tried to change the font to times new roman that didn't work either. I thought I was doing it right but nothing happened Sad

@1mtvfan wrote:on the bar above the text window, hit the colors button josh, also, will be testing the new pulpwood load tonight to see if i should add another level or not.

Is this the icon your pressing for the colors @DJJosh ? Train sets! Webpag10

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Train sets! Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Train sets! Social10Train sets! Social11Train sets! Youtub13
BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10241
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 12520
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 22
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum