I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

How often do you watch tv?

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 Empty How often do you watch tv?

Post by bgradionetwork Thu 15 Oct 2015, 12:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just as the title says, how do you watch tv? I mean really sit down and watch tv? Everyday? Every other day? Once a week? Twice a week? Every other week? Once or twice a month? When you sit down and genuinely watch tv, what do you watch? Sports? A tv show, numerous tv shows? Movies? What?

Feel free to tell us all these and whatever else related to this subject you want to discuss, in this topic. Very Happy
bgradionetwork
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 4344

http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork https://www.youtube.com/bgradionetwork12

Back to top Go down

How often do you watch tv? - Page 9 Empty Re: How often do you watch tv?

Post by Brandon Sun 28 Feb 2021, 8:40 pm

Well these days a variety of the emphasis Netflix has is on their original content, more than the traditional tv shows and movies like it used to be.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 02 Mar 2021, 12:02 pm

Frustratingly, Netflix Canada has almost always been inferior to its parent. Such is the case due to the country's stricter copyright laws.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 06 Mar 2021, 11:30 pm

Yes there is nothing very good on Netflix in Canada. I have looked and I can't even find a movie to watch on there since the variety of movies on there isn't the best on there. There is some good TV shows on there but not a long of good TV shows. Mostly TV shows I have seen already. I only watch Netflix in Canada as a back up for something different to watch. Most of the time it is on PVR with the cable as I can find a good variety of different TV shows to watch on recordings or On Demand Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 07 Mar 2021, 12:15 pm

While the A&E network has a new show called "I survived a crime" now, I for one have seen ALL of the episodes more than once.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 07 Mar 2021, 8:08 pm

Though a show I just finished watching on Netflix, Designated Survivor, was filmed in Canada despite the plot being based on the White House and Washington DC area.

It was a great show it's first season, a 'so so' show its second, and a good one for its final season. I was not very happy with the series finale though, as they created big story plot that got left unfinished, although they did close up MOST of the plots that had occurred throughout the show's run.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Mon 08 Mar 2021, 10:43 pm

I did see Kevin James had a show on Netflix. It did look interesting but I haven't watched it yet. Anyways mostly any new shows I have been watching are a food TV show on the Food Network having to do with Easter. Also Assembly Required with Tim Allen and Richard Karn. I did seen the first episode and I loved it. Looking forward to watching another episode of Assembly Required tonight. Also another one is Punky Brewster which is a good new show on W Network and YTV in Canada. The rest of the shows are about the same shows I do watch apart from a few new TV shows Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 09 Mar 2021, 12:10 pm

I will admit that I'm avoiding at least two TV channels that I get as they can't (or most likely won't) stop going on about all of the world's BS at present.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 13 Mar 2021, 4:19 pm

I don't watch any political channels or news channels at all. Since I don't want to hear about any of that at all. Mostly just watch the same shows along with any Raptors NBA games when I can. That is about it Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 15 Mar 2021, 2:29 pm

Frustratingly its almost impossible to get away from the world's BS at present, since almost all of the channels on TV have allowed themselves to become brainwashed mouthpieces for the government.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 21 Mar 2021, 12:04 am

That could be true for certain TV channels mostly news channels but there is certain shows having to do with all that is going in the world right now. But it is just related in a different way mostly for example resturants trying to make some money in these hard times. That is one thing that is going on but it is better than anything the news has to tell us Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 25 Mar 2021, 1:41 pm

Have to admit that I'm glad to see that most tv remotes have a mute button. Such is proving to be quite useful as it allows a person to stay on a channel that they like and not have to hear BS that that they don't want to hear.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 27 Mar 2021, 5:28 pm

I agree that mute does work well for commericals and other stuff you don't want to hear at all. I usually miss any commericals on the PVR since I can fast forward through any of them. It is only on live TV I do see commericals but I do usually mute them anyways. But that is a far time I do watch live TV which is only some times Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 27 Mar 2021, 6:19 pm

I don't have a PVR at present but this doesn't bother me.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Wed 31 Mar 2021, 4:50 am

here in the US we call ours DVR it's the same thing as your PVR that you have in Canada basically the same meaning and we record some things that we miss then we dump it to free up some space cuz DVRs only have a sum amount of space before it fills up so we try to keep ours about 60% full at all times We can also pause and fast forward Live tv as well Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Smart Coins : 2082

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 31 Mar 2021, 7:08 pm

I am aware of the features that are available with a DVR/PVR. My control freak father has the final say in MOST of the financial decisions in my parents' place however, and he has said that we were not getting one of these quite some time ago. Much to my frustration, he has reinforced this recently.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 03 Apr 2021, 5:23 pm

Yes that is very true Aaron. I do love the PVR since I can record anything I want to and watch it when I get some time to. With the live TV with pausing it to fast forward through commericals also watching shows On Demand that does include movies too. I know I had regular cable before and it is a nice but still you got to watch shows when they are on if you don't then you miss them. That is the one thing I didn't like about having regular cable. I do love it when a PVR recording stuff I want to watch including when I am at work and watch it when I am from work. I can also save any shows to watch any times as I wan to and delete when ever I do need to delete these shows. Mine isn't too full right now. I got lots of time to watch TV if I want to but I do like to switch to Netflix or YouTube for something to watch Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 15 Jan 2022, 6:36 pm

Most of what I do watch is on the PVR for TV shows since I don't watch live TV too often. I also watch TV shows on Netflix like Full House, Fuller House, One On One With Kirk Cameron, and Timeless. That is about it Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 17 Jan 2022, 12:22 pm

Have to admit that I watch TV a lot nowadays. Such is ONLY because of my inability to get outside and do my regular volunteer work.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 22 Jan 2022, 6:32 pm

Well I do watch some TV mostly recordings in the PVR but that is apart from switching to Netflix to watch TV shows or movies. Also switching to YouTube to watch music videos or songs or even the live stream of my church service on a Saturday night. But that is mostly it Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 24 Jan 2022, 1:03 pm

My TV watching days continue as of 12:05PM CST on 1/24/2022, as something I will refer to as "That which can't be named" keeps causing problems for me
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 05 Feb 2022, 4:37 pm

I still watching shows on the PVR along with Netlfix and YouTube. I do avoid all of the news channels since I don't want to hear anything about it at all. But that is mostly it for my TV watching apart from watching movies on a Saturday night Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 07 Feb 2022, 3:02 pm

TV is good but there are some shows that can't be found on there. It sucks but there's very little that can be done about it.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 19 Feb 2022, 5:05 pm

Yes it can be when you do find the right TV shows to watch on TV. Most of my TV is on my recordings as I don't watch live TV at all. It also depends on the cable package you have along with any free preview channels every month. Most of the free preview channels I do get don't have anything good on them at all. But I do watch what shows I can watch during the different seasons of the year Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 28 Feb 2022, 12:15 pm

Unfortunately my options in terms of TV shows is a tad limited, as I don't subscribe to any online streaming service. I try to not let this bother me however.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 12 Mar 2022, 5:33 pm

Well that is ok you need a smart TV to do streaming apps on there like YouTube, Netflix, and many more. Older TV won't be able to do very much just basic cable. That is why I am guessing you are only limited to whatever you have on cable if it is a big or small collection of channels apart if they does offer free preview channels or not. It does happen on my cable so I can watch different shows on free preview channels till it disappears. Most of the time it is the usual shows I do watch during the week and the weekend. It is only a few hours then it is time for bed or time to do something else Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum