Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Count to 1500 using even numbers!
Today at 8:24 am by Brandon

» Count to 50 before a Regular Member posts
Today at 8:22 am by Brandon

» What is your favorite TV Show?
Today at 12:27 am by tester12

» Train sets!
Yesterday at 4:05 pm by TigerTankFan

» fun ways to spend a winter?
Yesterday at 12:10 pm by Brandon

» What is your favorite tool in Photoshop?
Yesterday at 12:09 pm by Brandon

» Count to 50 before an admin posts!
Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:55 pm by tester12

» Is Satellite TV better then cable?
Wed 14 Nov 2018, 9:22 am by bgradionetwork

» Do you use Facebook?
Wed 14 Nov 2018, 9:18 am by bgradionetwork

Top posting users this week
Brandon
 
tester12
 
TigerTankFan
 
bgradionetwork
 
Ikerepc
 
skouliki
 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by debbienjgirl on Sat 25 Jul 2015, 1:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I prefer cats because number 1. They are independent.  2.because they are easier to take care of.  3. They are very clean and very cuddly
avatar
debbienjgirl
Radio Communication Student
Radio Communication Student

Posts : 175
Gender : Female
Smart Coins : 278
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 41
Location : Bayville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 7:07 pm

cat, more independent, and don't need a walk every day
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm

@DJJosh wrote:I would say cats Smile

@1mtvfan wrote:cat, more independent, and don't need a walk every day


Both of those are very true! Smile

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:

BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
avatar
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 9217
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 10599
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 9:53 pm

plus a cat knows how to use a box almost right away, a dog you have to train and train and train
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by DJJosh on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 4:38 pm

I agree with Charlie cats are more independent and dogs need to have a walk everyday plus they bark at the dumbest things ever Smile
avatar
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 941
Smart Coins : 1140
Join date : 2014-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 9:47 am

Bump!

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:

BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
avatar
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 9217
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 10599
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:35 pm

i've had both, but i'd say a cat, because they know how to use a box almost right after you show them where it is
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:34 pm

Yeah cats are definitelly the animal that requires the least maintence and the one that can for the most part, take care of itself. All you got to do is, put some food and water in a bowl, clean out the litter box and take them to the vet when needed and that is about it. The cats will take care of themself for the rest. No walking it everyday, no nothing. Very Happy

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:

BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
avatar
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 9217
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 10599
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:15 pm

every pet has the need for a vet visit at some point though
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by TigerTankFan on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 6:35 pm

Maybe this makes me sound biased & judgemental, but both cats & dogs above 6 months of age now need to have a monthly license in Winnipeg Canada (as of 9/1/2016). Much to my frustration, this can cost up to $15 a month & this cost is per animal. So its pretty obvious that my preferred pet would be one that can kept in a cage (like a guinea pig or a hamster).
avatar
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 1365
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1833
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

They make you get a license to have a pet cat or dog? That is stupid! What is the reason behind that?


Last edited by Brandon on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:

BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
avatar
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 9217
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 10599
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:31 pm

cash grab, plain and simple
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by TigerTankFan on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 8:17 pm

I'm a little hazy on the details of this, but the city has said that having a licensed cat or dog makes it easier to control them, but such doesn't apply to anything but cats. Personally I think of it as nothing more than a blatant cash grab, but the only way to protest the 100% rubbish law is to not have a pet cat or dog.
avatar
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 1365
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1833
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 9:14 am

@1mtvfan wrote:cash grab, plain and simple  

@TigerTankFan wrote:I'm a little hazy on the details of this, but the city has said that having a licensed cat or dog makes it easier to control them, but such doesn't apply to anything but cats. Personally I think of it as nothing more than a blatant cash grab, but the only way to protest the 100% rubbish law is to not have a pet cat or dog.


Wow yeah that is a lie. Sounds like a cash grab to me as well. I wonder what would happen if someone refused to register their pet.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:

BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
avatar
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 9217
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 10599
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 10:40 am

well, if they refuse the law, they would be charged a major fine, along with a boarding fee for every day the cat or dog is housed in an animal shelter should it be picked up after roaming free and unleashed
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by tester12 on Sat 24 Dec 2016, 10:49 am

@1mtvfan wrote:well, if they refuse the law, they would be charged a major fine, along with a boarding fee for every day the cat or dog is housed in an animal shelter should it be picked up after roaming free and unleashed

Well that definitelly sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registerstation fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

_________________

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now a Super Moderator/Support Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
avatar
tester12
Super Moderator/Support Moderator
Super Moderator/Support Moderator

Posts : 4395
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 4926
Join date : 2011-01-01
Location : United States

View user profile http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Mon 26 Dec 2016, 10:15 pm

@tester12 wrote: Well that definitely sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registration fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

well, yes there is, but this is a city law, not federal one, so tester, your best bet would be avoiding pet ownership if you lived in Winnipeg, as this is a law to help control the epidemic problem of feral cats roaming in the city, and also added to that would be the spay/neuter fee should your animal be able to breed
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by debbienjgirl on Tue 27 Dec 2016, 11:52 am

Cats, they are loving,indendant and clean
avatar
debbienjgirl
Radio Communication Student
Radio Communication Student

Posts : 175
Gender : Female
Smart Coins : 278
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 41
Location : Bayville, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Tue 27 Dec 2016, 3:38 pm

has this thread restarted or something
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by TigerTankFan on Sun 05 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm

@tester12 wrote:
@1mtvfan wrote:well, if they refuse the law, they would be charged a major fine, along with a boarding fee for every day the cat or dog is housed in an animal shelter should it be picked up after roaming free and unleashed

Well that definitelly sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registerstation fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

People are resisting this law to the best of their ability tester (with a compliance rate of less than 40% among Winnipeg residents), but most people can't afford the costs associated with going to court. And I for one doubt that Canada's Supreme Court would hear this case.
avatar
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 1365
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1833
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:10 pm

this is is a city law, not a federal or regional one, but if you decided to live outside any city, there is little the city bylaw officers could do
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 9:04 am

@1mtvfan wrote:
@tester12 wrote: Well that definitely sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registration fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

well, yes there is, but this is a city law, not federal one, so  tester, your best bet would be avoiding pet ownership if you lived in Winnipeg, as this is a law to help control the epidemic problem of feral cats roaming in the city, and also added to that would be the spay/neuter fee should your animal be able to breed

@TigerTankFan wrote:
@tester12 wrote:
@1mtvfan wrote:well, if they refuse the law, they would be charged a major fine, along with a boarding fee for every day the cat or dog is housed in an animal shelter should it be picked up after roaming free and unleashed

Well that definitelly sounds like a money grab to me.

If I lived in Winnipeg I would not pay either or the registerstation fee. Surely this law must be illegal somehow and can beaten in court. Do you guys have a supreme court over there in Canada?

People are resisting this law to the best of their ability tester (with a compliance rate of less than 40% among Winnipeg residents), but most people can't afford the costs associated with going to court. And I for one doubt that Canada's Supreme Court would hear this case.  

@1mtvfan wrote:this is is a city law, not a federal or regional one, but if you decided to live outside any city, there is little the city bylaw officers could do

It doesn't usually matter whether it is a local, state (or province in your case), federal law. Supreme courts usually deal with whether a law is constitutional or not. It does not matter what level the law is on.

Atleast in USA it is like that because of our constitution, I am not sure if it works the same in canada or not because I am not sure if you guys have a constitution or not.

Either way, a supreme court in canada should take any case in the country.

I really don't see how that law helps keep down the stray population. If anything I would think it might make it worse as people who really do not wish to pay for the registration fee or fines MIGHT abandon their cats and hence making another stray cat.

Instead maybe winnipeg should focus their efforts on no kill shelters that can let more of the strays get adopted by loving permanent families. That to me seems like it might bring down the stray population alot more effectively.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:

BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
avatar
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 9217
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 10599
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 10:28 am

there's a few no kill shelters in my city, but they are few and far between, however, as i said, this is a city law, so if you lived outside the city, there is nothing the officers could do to enforce this law


Last edited by 1mtvfan on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by TigerTankFan on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 6:59 pm

I recall that the CEO of my city's tax-funded animal control agency saying something about this actually, but it resulted in one of the no-kill shelters making an apology demand (which didn't work). Also, while its a little off topic, Winnipeg also has a law that effectively bans all circuses.
avatar
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 1365
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1833
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by 1mtvfan on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 7:54 pm

@TigerTankFan wrote:I recall that the CEO of my city's tax-funded animal control agency saying something about this actually, but it resulted in one of the no-kill shelters making an apology demand (which didn't work). Also, while its a little off topic, Winnipeg also has a law that effectively bans all circuses.

Only if the circus has animal acts would it be banned
avatar
1mtvfan
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 8002
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 8627
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 37
Location : Cantada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which one would everyone prefer to have as a pet? A dog or cat? And why?

Post by Brandon on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 10:26 am

@1mtvfan wrote:there's a few no kill shelters in my city, but they are few and far between, however, as i said, this is a city law, so if you lived outside the city, there is nothing the officers could do to enforce this law

@1mtvfan wrote:
@TigerTankFan wrote:I recall that the CEO of my city's tax-funded animal control agency saying something about this actually, but it resulted in one of the no-kill shelters making an apology demand (which didn't work). Also, while its a little off topic, Winnipeg also has a law that effectively bans all circuses.

Only if the circus has animal acts would it be banned

Sounds like Winnipeg has some pretty silly laws. Razz

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Broadcasting Duo Resources:

BD Official TOU (Not the one at sign up)
avatar
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 9217
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 10599
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum