I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Just an idea, but will have to see what TTfan says

Note: This is the continuation thread of the original train set topic: [Only mods are allowed to see this link] .

Last edited by Brandon on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added original topic link in there.)
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 28 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 23 Mar 2016, 9:23 am

had to go back to my old controller, DCC is too temperamental for use at this time
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 23 Mar 2016, 9:30 am

1mtvfan wrote:space has to be considered as well, so it's as complete as it can get for now, but the inside line control has died again, so another new piece of equipment is needed for control, although I've been told to keep a limit on the amount of equipment to put on the train, so i may be sitting out some operating sessions.

TigerTankFan wrote:1mtvfan is correct, there is always things that can be done to improve a model train layout.

1mtvfan wrote:add more to my point.

1mtvfan wrote:new DCC controllers have arrived, but waiting for decoder chips to be installed, as well as have the DCC plugs added to those locos of mine that do not have that, but the ones that do have the plug, all that has to be done is plug n the decoder chip and go, so it's a waiting game now, also looking at adding some curtains to the tables to hide the wires from line of sight. as well as test out my
newest flat car

1mtvfan wrote:newest flat car runs perfectly, pic follows.

Spoiler:
newest flatcar, Ex Soo Line 53' AAR  flatcar no. 5279, carrying a scrap
quad hopper
also,  the 2 newest draw-bars made for my well car 5 pack have failed the test,
so i am going back to the drawing board to see what can be done to rectify this.

1mtvfan wrote:upper reverse loop is working well, passenger train is taking ascending the helix well, once some minor coupler issues were solved, I'm also in the process of chaining down my scrap loads, as I've bought some more old chain necklaces and they look very good as tie down chains, just have to cut them down to size so they do not drag on the track and become an issue. Also have planned to add some skirting to the layout to hide the wires under the table tops. picture follows.

Spoiler:
3 scrap loads waiting to be picked up, keep in mind this was before the last load was converted to a chain
tie down

1mtvfan wrote:scrap loads are all chained down now, just have to fine tune some. also working on
adding a an old model motor to one of TTfan's flatcars, but it has proven to be quite
difficult as the motor' magnets are still working, and are magnetically attracting the metal
chain to it. will have to add some shields or something to try and defeat those magnets, at least
until i can get the chain properly tightened down

1mtvfan wrote:motor has successfully been chained down so on to the next project, which happens to be getting more familiar with the new DCC system and trying to configure the layout and locomotives to it, after that it will be chaining down some modular track to another bulkhead flat car in TTFan's possession, hopefully i will have enough necklace chain left for that project, because i am using old necklace chains for tie down chains, and they actually look quite good, and i know now where to look to find more if i need.

1mtvfan wrote:DDC system is working, but is very temperamental, and will not work the 3 loops, so am switching back to the  old system until i can get some more control chips for the loops, so will be working on the bulkhead load for now and leave the DCC issues on hold

1mtvfan wrote:had to go back to my old controller, DCC is too temperamental for use at this time

Thanks for all these updates on the [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] and [Only mods are allowed to see this link] . The DDC sounds like a pretty cool thing, its a shame that its very tempermental. Maybe you will use again one day?

Last edited by Brandon on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 23 Mar 2016, 10:41 am

well, yes, but waiting on some new control boards and decoder chips  for the dcc system, but i
am working on a way to run both DCC and non DCC units on the same setup. also managed to fix
some issues i was having with my scrap loads earlier on site today. as well as looking for another 53' flatcar
to put the Scrapped CN hopper on and chain down, which shouldn't be hard. Also looking for a flat car to use for my Construction roller i recently moved to the valley

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 24 Mar 2016, 7:02 pm

new plan for the DCC system is to wire it in separately from the old control system then keep it switched off until the control boards and decoder chips for the locomotives and loops can be installed. planning on running both DCC, and non DCC if i can.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 25 Mar 2016, 11:28 am

1mtvfan wrote:well, yes, but waiting on some new control boards and decoder chips  for the dcc system, but i am working on a way to run both DCC and non DCC units on the same setup. also managed to fix
some issues i was having with my scrap loads earlier on site today. as well as looking for another 53' flatcar
to put the Scrapped CN hopper on and chain down, which shouldn't be hard. Also looking for a flat car to use for my Construction roller i recently moved to the valley

1mtvfan wrote:new plan for the DCC system is to wire it in separately from the old control system then keep it switched off until the control boards and decoder chips for the locomotives and loops can be installed. planning on running both DCC, and non DCC if i can.

Sounds cool! Thanks for the update!
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 25 Mar 2016, 12:51 pm

just have to find a way of controlling both lines on both the DCC  and the Analog, or non DCC systems. also preparing the floor for more paint, as the time of year has brought about some flooding in the areas under the layout and that must be addressed before anything is done. but sites for installation of the DCC boxes are being considered. pictures follow

[Only mods are allowed to see this link]
possible site 1

possible site 2, white box is part of the DCC system  

keep in mind though there is the main power unit and the wireless signal
receiver unit. to install, and inside line, the east line, is working again,
seems i burned out the selector again Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:17 pm

there has also been some discussion about applying a sealant to the walls and floor of the basement where the setup is located, but there has been no action on this matter as of yet.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 27 Mar 2016, 3:54 pm

that will be happening after Easter, as well as obtaining a new selector switch to run both the DCC and the Analog system, i will also be trying to obtain some new flatcars for the last scrap hopper load and the construction roller, and an empty one for a spare, but not all of them at once, as that would be too much to pay for in one go
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 29 Mar 2016, 3:46 pm

new flat car on the roster now, as well as a connector switch for the DCC system,looking very good for running both Analog and DCC, just have to decide if i want to use the new flat car for the Scrapped CN hopper or for the road roller,. still have to paint the floor and seal the leaky spots
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 30 Mar 2016, 11:08 am

went with the scrapped hopper on the new flat car so the road roller has to wait for a bit longer pictures follow.

Former Soo Line flat# 5033 loaded with a scrap quad hopper

five 60' bulkheads and one 50' bulkhead sitting and waiting for pickup, as a short string of boxcars and mixed freight rolls past

Former CN SW1500 no. 1571 Working at shunting duty
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 31 Mar 2016, 10:06 pm

update, DCC control boxes are going in site 2, just forward of container yard 1, pictures follow.

some pics of the box made for the DCC control boxes, main throttle box will sit in the tray. and wireless receiver will be anchored to that tray in some form

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 02 Apr 2016, 9:59 am

update, DCC work has stalled, due to loop issues
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:49 am

1mtvfan wrote:just have to find a way of controlling both lines on both the DCC  and the Analog, or non DCC systems. also preparing the floor for more paint, as the time of year has brought about some flooding in the areas under the layout and that must be addressed before anything is done. but sites for installation of the DCC boxes are being considered. pictures follow

possible site 1

possible site 2, white box is part of the DCC system  

keep in mind though there is the main power unit and the wireless signal
receiver unit. to install, and inside line, the east line, is working again,
seems i burned out the selector again Sad

TigerTankFan wrote:there has also been some discussion about applying a sealant to the walls and floor of the basement where the setup is located, but there has been no action on this matter as of yet.  

1mtvfan wrote:that will be happening after Easter, as well as obtaining a new selector switch to run both the DCC and the Analog system, i will also be trying to obtain some new flatcars for the last scrap hopper load and the construction roller, and an empty one for a spare, but not all of them at once, as that would be too much to pay for in one go    

1mtvfan wrote:new flat car on the roster now, as well as a connector switch for the DCC system,looking very good for running both Analog and DCC, just have to decide if i want to use the new flat car for the Scrapped CN hopper or for the road roller,. still have to paint the floor and seal the leaky spots  

1mtvfan wrote:went with the scrapped hopper on the new flat car so the road roller has to wait for a bit longer pictures follow.

Former Soo Line flat# 5033 loaded with a scrap quad hopper

five 60' bulkheads and one 50' bulkhead sitting and waiting for pickup, as a short string of boxcars and mixed freight rolls past

Former CN SW1500 no. 1571 Working at shunting duty

1mtvfan wrote:update, DCC control boxes are going in site 2, just forward of container yard 2, pictures follow.

some pics of the box made for the DCC control boxes, main throttle box will sit in the tray. and wireless receiver will be anchored to that tray in some form  

1mtvfan wrote:update, DCC work has stalled, due to loop issues

Thanks guys for the continous updates and [Only mods are allowed to see this link] on the [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] .

Glad to hear your still working to add that [Only mods are allowed to see this link] to your train set Smile. I bet it will make your train set look really cool once added. Wink
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 02 Apr 2016, 6:53 pm

well, it's just going to add more ability to control multiple units at one time and more bells and whistles, but i can say that i have my CP rail Expo unit no 6057 working again, just have to let it cool down as it was run pretty hot after it was given a maintenance service. and it also means that one of the locos in the front line
of my current train can get a break now.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 04 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm

Unfortunately there are only 2 units that are DCC ready at the moment, so it will take both time & money to get the rest of the fleet modified for this control system. There are some units that will not be converted though, since they aren't worth the effort.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:53 pm

what are you talking about? there's 3 locomotives ready for DCC communicability in our rosters. well, technically 4, but one has to be repaired.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:46 pm

Update,
former CP Rail SD40-2 no. 6057 performed flawlessly on it's maiden run after returning to the LVCRR from its long hiatus, those maintenance guys really know their stuff about servicing to make a locomotive perform, just some slight noise has resulted, but it's acceptable, now it is the former BNSF
SD40-2 no.7835's turn to be given service next, and after that is former Soo line no.772.
pics follow in next post, or will be added to this post if so desired by the head admin.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 05 Apr 2016, 11:52 am

pics are in.

Former CP rail Sd40-2 no.6057 tied into a consist on it's first day back from its maintenance service

former CN rail Sw1500 No.1571 Descending the 2nd level

a much better shot of 1571 descending the 2nd level

Former CP rail SD40-2's No's 5415, 6057, former Conrail SD40-2 no. 5537 and former SOO line GP38-2 no.4506 sitting at a red signal with their consist of mixed freight
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 05 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm

1mtvfan wrote:well, it's just going to add more ability to control multiple units at one time and more bells and whistles, but i can say that i have my CP rail Expo unit no 6057 working again, just have to let it cool down as it was run pretty hot after it was given a maintenance service. and it also means that one of the locos in the front line
of my current train can get a break now.

TigerTankFan wrote:Unfortunately there are only 2 units that are DCC ready at the moment, so it will take both time & money to get the rest of the fleet modified for this control system. There are some units that will not be converted though, since they aren't worth the effort.

1mtvfan wrote:what are you talking about? there's 3 locomotives ready for DCC communicability in our rosters. well, technically 4, but one has to be repaired.

1mtvfan wrote:Update,
former CP Rail SD40-2 no. 6057 performed flawlessly on it's maiden run after returning to the LVCRR from its long hiatus, those maintenance guys really know their stuff about servicing to make a locomotive perform, just some slight noise has resulted, but it's acceptable, now it is the former BNSF
SD40-2 no.7835's turn to be given service next, and after that is former Soo line no.772.
pics follow in next post, or will be added to this post if so desired by the head admin.

1mtvfan wrote:pics are in.

Former CP rail Sd40-2 no.6057 tied into a consist on it's first day back from its maintenance service

former CN rail Sw1500 No.1571 Descending the 2nd level

a much better shot of 1571 descending the 2nd level

Former CP rail SD40-2's No's 5415, 6057, former Conrail SD40-2 no. 5537 and former SOO line GP38-2 no.4506 sitting at a red signal with their consist of mixed freight

Don't forget about the 24 hour seperation thing mtvfan, try to have posts be seperates by 24 hours if at all possible Wink.

Anyway, nice [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] and thanks for the update on [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] . Smile
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 05 Apr 2016, 12:34 pm

i waited for 24 hours before posting the pics, so the strike against me is a very tiny one
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 06 Apr 2016, 8:27 am

1mtvfan wrote:i waited for 24 hours before posting the pics, so the strike against me is a very tiny one

Actually it was 12 hours, your post before that was posted on April 4th, 2016 at 11:50pm EST, you pics post was on April 5th, 2016 at 11:56am est , in order for it to be 24 hours, it would have to have been 11:56pm est , not 11:56am est. It was 12 hours, but I suppose it is pretty close.

I mean I am not scolding ya or giving you an official reminder of anything, I am simply givibg you a friendly reminder as a friend and collague Wink.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 06 Apr 2016, 9:30 am

new pic is in

former SF Kodachrome Sd40-2 no.5068 leading the way with a short consist across the level 2 drop bridge
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 06 Apr 2016, 5:23 pm

DCC installation is progressing, but i have added a kill switch to the list of  projects after suffering a very serious accident during my time on the LVCRR earlier today, but I've a feeling it will not be added until after the DCC is fully installed, if the kill switch is installed at all.
so it may be such that i will have to sit out and wait again, also, fences are
being added to the upper level, finally, after several more cases of equipment derailing and
falling to the floor.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:41 am

new pics are in.

Coors beer reefer at the freight station

potential location of some tunnels, single track tunnel is for a road, as it's not usable for the rails,
will have to find a way to hide the visible wires
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 08 Apr 2016, 11:57 am

new pics are here

fences installed on first drop bridge

fences on second drop bridge.

plan is to add these fences on all of the 2nd level
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer