I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Train sets!

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 Empty Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Just an idea, but will have to see what TTfan says

Note: This is the continuation thread of the original train set topic: [Only mods are allowed to see this link] .

Last edited by Brandon on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added original topic link in there.)
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

reverse_loop - Train sets! - Page 27 Empty Re: Train sets!

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 26 Feb 2016, 7:55 pm

upper reverse loop is under construction, as is drop bridge no. 3, will be adding more to the process
in the next few weeks. picture follows

[Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Newly added support for upper reverse loop and drop bridge no. 3
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 28 Feb 2016, 3:41 pm

upper reverse loop has been mocked up, after height has been added to allow
double stacks to clear. but it has been discovered that the added height
means a very steep grade on the one side of the 3rd drop bridge, so the upper loop is
going to be entered from the long way around, also, the helix
fence does not allow my go pro camera case to clear going up,
but going down is perfectly fine for it, i will also see what my tablet can do with it as well, so
either way, you will get to ride the helix up, and down with the trains. lastly, i am working on adding a number to one of my unnumbered flatcars that i just got working right.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:55 am

update, upper reverse loop bench work is complete, and drop bridge no. 3 is in place, no pics of new drop bridge deck yet, but i will add the pics of the new upper loop bench work when i can for you all, my go pro camera case just scrapes the bottom of the upper loop bench work, but it is enough to impede the motion of it on the ramp of the helix, but i will be trying to come up with a way of showing it to to you all in a video, even if i means a static camera view. picture follows.

last part of upper reverse loop in place, waiting for track bed, tracks, and power. pic of Drop Bridge no.3 will be added later

1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:58 pm

new pics are in, should have added one the other day, but was busy and forgot.

Newest drop bridge secured in the"down" position

newest drop bridge with track bed installed, waiting for tracks and power. hope you guys don't need to see it when it's up and working, because it's the same as the other 2 that way.

also working on another protective case for my go pro camera, one that will fit under the bench work of the upper reverse loop, as i don't want to damage the camera's lens. and also
very bummed i broke 4 of my draw-bars, and i know they're almost impossible to
find that kind of draw-bar now. and A draw bar is how i keep my container well cars, the long and low
ones, together, i was able to repair a pair of them with some model glue, but there's no telling how long the glue will hold, so i will have to look for new ones as close as i can get to the ones that broke, or make some workable ones
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:54 am

1mtvfan wrote:that's one whole  train on the helix mind you

1mtvfan wrote:upper reverse loop is under construction, as is drop bridge no. 3, will be adding more to the process
in the next few weeks. picture follows

Spoiler:
Newly added support for upper reverse loop and drop bridge no. 3

1mtvfan wrote:upper reverse loop has been mocked up, after height has been added to allow
double stacks to clear. but it has been discovered that the added height
means a very steep grade on the one side of the 3rd drop bridge, so the upper loop is
going to be entered from the long way around, also, the helix
fence does not allow my go pro camera case to clear going up,
but going down is perfectly fine for it,  i will also see what my tablet can do with it as well, so
either way, you will get to ride the helix up, and down with the trains. lastly, i am working on adding a number to one of my unnumbered flatcars that i just got working right.

1mtvfan wrote:update, upper reverse loop bench work is complete, and drop bridge no. 3 is in place, no pics of new drop bridge deck yet, but i will add the pics of the new upper loop bench work when i can for you all, my go pro camera case just scrapes the bottom of the upper loop bench work, but it is enough to impede the motion of it on the ramp of the helix, but i will be trying to come up with a way of showing it to to you all in a video, even if i means a static camera view. picture follows.

Spoiler:
last part of upper reverse loop in place, waiting for track bed, tracks, and power. pic of Drop Bridge no.3 will be added later

1mtvfan wrote:new pics are in, should have added one the other day, but was busy and forgot.

Spoiler:
Newest drop bridge secured in the"down" position

Spoiler:

newest drop bridge with track bed installed, waiting for tracks and power. hope you guys don't need to see it when it's up and working, because it's the same as the other 2 that way.

also working on another protective case for my go pro camera, one that will fit under the bench work of the upper reverse loop, as i don't want to damage the camera's lens. and also
very bummed i broke 4 of my draw-bars, and i know they're almost impossible to
find that kind of draw-bar now. and A draw bar is how i keep my container well cars, the long and low
ones, together, i was able to repair a pair of them with some model glue, but there's no telling how long the glue will hold, so i will have to look for new ones as close as i can get to the ones that broke, or make some workable ones

Thanks for sharing these [Only mods are allowed to see this link] or your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] . Smile

Last edited by Brandon on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 03 Mar 2016, 10:03 am

still working on making some new draw-bars for my husky stacks, and going to add some fences to the 2nd level, hopefully this will keep the likelihood of future accidents down, also planning to make the
landscapingon the second level perform double duty as both scenery and as safety nets to prevent future accidents and breakages.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 05 Mar 2016, 10:13 am

home made draw bar has been tested and has passed the test, so more will be made and put in place later, upper reverse loop is still under construction, and is yet to be powered and tested. landscaping is still on the waiting list.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 05 Mar 2016, 2:25 pm

Updates here folks,
The 2nd level is mostly ready for track now plus the "draw bar" issue is about 50% resolved.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 05 Mar 2016, 11:11 pm

upper reverse loop forward of drop bridge no 3 has to come up, as there is a big "hump" in the track. Builder and i were there recently and found this "hump" so we are working on trying to reduce it to as little as possible. Still working on the "drawbars" issue and landscaping, as we are trying to work the landscaping into both a scenery object and safety nets
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 06 Mar 2016, 11:07 am

1mtvfan wrote:still working on making some new draw-bars for my husky stacks, and going to add some fences to the 2nd level, hopefully this will keep the likelihood of future accidents down, also planning to make the
landscapingon the second level perform double duty as both scenery and as safety nets to prevent future accidents and breakages.

1mtvfan wrote:home made draw bar has been tested and has passed the test, so more will be made and put in place later, upper reverse loop is still under construction, and is yet to be powered and tested. landscaping is still on the waiting list.

1mtvfan wrote:upper reverse loop forward of drop bridge no 3 has to come up, as there is a big "hump" in the track. Builder and i were there recently and found this "hump" so we are working on trying to reduce it to as little as possible. Still working on the "drawbars" issue and landscaping, as we are trying to work the landscaping into both a scenery object and safety nets

Thanks for the updates on the [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] and on your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] and [Only mods are allowed to see this link] .
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 06 Mar 2016, 2:06 pm

yes indeed, upper loop is in the process of being powered also, as is adding a fence to the upper part of phases 2 and 3, or will add some safety nets along with the landscaping, as well as some tunnel portals to the right places so it will look quite nice when it is finally done. an new pic follows

former Canadian Pacific rail 50 foot gondola no. 340203 and former life like shows 4 foot flatcar no. 126554, fresh form renumbering, and both carrying wheel loads, sitting at the freight station.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 08 Mar 2016, 3:59 pm

also working on the home made draw-bars too
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 09 Mar 2016, 4:24 pm

one more home made draw bar in place, and holding so far, couple more to make as spares. not to mention testing them
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 09 Mar 2016, 9:27 pm

1mtvfan wrote:yes indeed, upper loop is in the process of being powered also, as is adding a fence to the upper part of phases 2 and 3, or will add some safety nets along with the landscaping, as well as some tunnel portals to the right places so it will look quite nice when it is finally done. an new pic follows

Spoiler:
former Canadian Pacific rail 50 foot gondola no. 340203 and former life like shows 4 foot flatcar no. 126554, fresh form renumbering, and both carrying wheel loads, sitting at the freight station.

1mtvfan wrote:also working on the home made draw-bars too

1mtvfan wrote:one more home made draw bar in place, and holding so far, couple more to make as spares. not to mention testing them

Thanks for these updates and [Only mods are allowed to see this link] on the [Only mods are allowed to see this link] of your [Only mods are allowed to see this link] and [Only mods are allowed to see this link] . Smile
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 10 Mar 2016, 9:23 am

well yes, but it's never going to be truly complete
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:24 am

1mtvfan wrote:well yes, but it's never going to be truly complete

It is only as complete as you consider it. Since its a train set, your train set it is totally up to you to decide whether or not its complete or to keep expanding Wink.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:23 am

space has to be considered as well, so it's as complete as it can get for now, but the inside line control has died again, so another new piece of equipment is needed for control, although I've been told to keep a limit on the amount of equipment to put on the train, so i may be sitting out some operating sessions.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 12 Mar 2016, 2:32 pm

1mtvfan is correct, there is always things that can be done to improve a model train layout.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 12 Mar 2016, 3:44 pm

add more to my point.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 14 Mar 2016, 2:00 pm

new DCC controllers have arrived, but waiting for decoder chips to be installed, as well as have the DCC plugs added to those locos of mine that do not have that, but the ones that do have the plug, all that has to be done is plug n the decoder chip and go, so it's a waiting game now, also looking at adding some curtains to the tables to hide the wires from line of sight. as well as test out my
newest flat car
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 15 Mar 2016, 11:25 am

newest flat car runs perfectly, pic follows.

newest flatcar, Ex Soo Line 53' AAR  flatcar no. 5279, carrying a scrap
quad hopper
also, the 2 newest draw-bars made for my well car 5 pack have failed the test,
so i am going back to the drawing board to see what can be done to rectify this.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:17 pm

upper reverse loop is working well, passenger train is taking ascending the helix well, once some minor coupler issues were solved, I'm also in the process of chaining down my scrap loads, as I've bought some more old chain necklaces and they look very good as tie down chains, just have to cut them down to size so they do not drag on the track and become an issue. Also have planned to add some skirting to the layout to hide the wires under the table tops. picture follows.

3 scrap loads waiting to be picked up, keep in mind this was before the last load was converted to a chain
tie down

Last edited by 1mtvfan on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 11:22 am; edited 3 times in total
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 19 Mar 2016, 11:46 pm

scrap loads are all chained down now, just have to fine tune some. also working on
adding a an old model motor to one of TTfan's flatcars, but it has proven to be quite
difficult as the motor' magnets are still working, and are magnetically attracting the metal
chain to it. will have to add some shields or something to try and defeat those magnets, at least
until i can get the chain properly tightened down
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 21 Mar 2016, 10:38 pm

motor has successfully been chained down so on to the next project, which happens to be getting more familiar with the new DCC system and trying to configure the layout and locomotives to it, after that it will be chaining down some modular track to another bulkhead flat car in TTFan's possession, hopefully i will have enough necklace chain left for that project, because i am using old necklace chains for tie down chains, and they actually look quite good, and i know now where to look to find more if i need.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 22 Mar 2016, 1:20 pm

DDC system is working, but is very temperamental, and will not work the 3 loops, so am switching back to the  old system until i can get some more control chips for the loops, so will be working on the bulkhead load for now and leave the DCC issues on hold
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum