I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Praise FM
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:19 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Train sets!
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:16 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Vote_l14The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Voting14The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Empty The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by Brandon Sun 15 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

I am creating this thread, because I think this is an interesting subject to have a discussion and/or debate on. Radio is a constantly evolving industry; with technology growing and becoming more portable, advanced and effeicient, one must begin to wonder how this effects radio. With the constant opening of internet radio stations and the internet becoming more widely available across the world and more and more devices being able to connect to the web, one must wonder what the fate of Radio, both AM and FM lies, will internet radio someday take the place of actual AM/FM Radio? I mean there are millions of free to listen to internet radio stations out there. They are cheaper to run, can be heard anywhere in the world (with internet access). Which is where Fm and Am radio suffer and is really un changeable.

So, with all of that said, where does the future (and fate) of radio lie? With whom does it lie? These are things that can be discussed and debated here. It is unlikely that everyone will agree on exactly where the future of radio may lie, but it is nice to hear people's opinion and theories on where it may lie.

-Brandon
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 6:00 pm

Everyone has different taste in radio, and they need to be respected.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Empty Re: The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 7:00 pm

garbage
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Sun 04 Nov 2018, 7:47 pm

i think internet radio would be the future but we also have normal radio right now as well i think in the future since all normal radio streams on the internet i say the future is bright for internet radio you can also get a smart speaker like the echo dot that has IHeart radio built in.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Smart Coins : 2082

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 7:52 pm

again, it's a matter of cost, one cannot buy a device they ain't got the cash for
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Sun 04 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm

it isn't a matter of device most stations stream off there website and that is fine for most people if your like me that can't get a station to begin with since my system is still analog tuning Razz
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 8:31 pm

just not getting it, sad Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Sun 04 Nov 2018, 9:01 pm

i do get it alot of stations stream now a days there is not always going to be normal radio.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 9:10 pm

Everyone will ALWAYS go for the cheapest option, 
And that means a conventional radio, so radio
In its current format will always exist. 
Even it has to be said over and over agai
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Mon 05 Nov 2018, 9:59 am

Interestingly, I find that Aaron and mtv both have valid points in their comments.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 05 Nov 2018, 5:22 pm

You do realize that you can tune in to internet radio on any computer or smartphone right @1mtvfan, there are no extra costs involved.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Social10The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Social11The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Youtub13The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 05 Nov 2018, 5:37 pm

granted, but few people will make the steps when a simple analog radio is so cheap.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 05 Nov 2018, 5:51 pm

Almost everyone has a computer or smartphone mtvfan. Only time most people listen to conventional radio is when their in the car.

Brandon

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Social10The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Social11The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Youtub13The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 4 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 05 Nov 2018, 6:15 pm

are you not listening? why would they spend mega bucks on a smartphone when they can spend next to nothing on a radio set? getting very sick of talking to a wall
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc Mon 05 Nov 2018, 6:50 pm

1mtvfan wrote:are you not listening? why would they spend mega bucks on a smartphone when they can spend next to nothing on a radio set? getting very sick of talking to a wall

You don't need to buy new smartphone for radio. Just use your existing one. Or computer. I guess you have one of those as other way you won't be able to write here. That way that is cheaper than spending something at radio set
Ikerepc
Ikerepc

Smart Coins : 1528

http://ivankerepcic.iz.hr

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:29 pm

not really, a radio set can be picked up for quite cheap, a web capable computer would set you back at least $1K
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:34 pm

1mtvfan wrote:are you not listening? why would they spend mega bucks on a smartphone when they can spend next to nothing on a radio set? getting very sick of talking to a wall

Your point is invalid. Everyone these days already has a smartphone, they arent going out to buy one just for internet radio, they already have one.

Also an inexpensive smart phone only costs about 75 to 300 dollars. Are you really trying to argue that in the 21st century 90% of people don't ALREADY own a computer or smartphone?

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Mon 05 Nov 2018, 9:17 pm

i agree with brandon the station i listen to that's a classic rock station they do more of there stuff stream wise now on the internet why have a normal radio my stereo system can't pick up stations far away and yes the radio towers are on top a mountain and since most of the signal comes in digitally now your basic system from the 1980s can't pick up stations from far away when it don't have a strong enough tuner to begin with so i just listen online no big deal it don't cost a thing to go to the stations website and listen.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:23 pm

my point IS valid,people will not spend mega bucks on a smartphone or web accessible computer when they don't have to. Radio will always exist as an analog signal. plus a lot LESS people than you think can afford a smart phone or web capable computer, and i will keep making this point until it's understood
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Tue 06 Nov 2018, 1:07 am

there is no point to understand it's a matter of what is available to the public Streaming from the stations website or IHeart radio it's what people can access or have access to it's all the same no matter if you listen online or in your car it's the same audio stream and some radio stations have access to IHeart Radio so yes same stream every where.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki Tue 06 Nov 2018, 1:58 am

everyone has a computer nowadays or a phone
even to public schools, a computer is provided if a child or a family can't effort to buy one

skouliki
skouliki
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Smart Coins : 567

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Tue 06 Nov 2018, 2:46 am

very good point there Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Tue 06 Nov 2018, 8:27 am

People will not spend mega bucks when 
They don’t have to, a simple analog radio costs way less than a computer or smart phone, and I will keep saying this as many times as I have to
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc Tue 06 Nov 2018, 8:49 am

1mtvfan wrote:People will not spend mega bucks when 
They don’t have to, a simple analog radio costs way less than a computer or smart phone, and I will keep saying this as many times as I have to

You don't need to spend a cent when you already have computer or phone with internet access. Do you have one of those? Please tell us.
Ikerepc
Ikerepc

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:19 am

technology is the future from radio to surgeries
its your choice to move on or stay behind
skouliki
skouliki
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Smart Coins : 567

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:21 am

skouliki wrote:technology is the future from radio to surgeries
its your choice to move on or stay behind

yes, right that Very Happy
Analog is now listened only in cars and that's slowly changing too..
Ikerepc
Ikerepc

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum