I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Praise FM
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:19 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Train sets!
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:16 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Vote_l14The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Voting14The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Empty The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by Brandon Sun 15 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

I am creating this thread, because I think this is an interesting subject to have a discussion and/or debate on. Radio is a constantly evolving industry; with technology growing and becoming more portable, advanced and effeicient, one must begin to wonder how this effects radio. With the constant opening of internet radio stations and the internet becoming more widely available across the world and more and more devices being able to connect to the web, one must wonder what the fate of Radio, both AM and FM lies, will internet radio someday take the place of actual AM/FM Radio? I mean there are millions of free to listen to internet radio stations out there. They are cheaper to run, can be heard anywhere in the world (with internet access). Which is where Fm and Am radio suffer and is really un changeable.

So, with all of that said, where does the future (and fate) of radio lie? With whom does it lie? These are things that can be discussed and debated here. It is unlikely that everyone will agree on exactly where the future of radio may lie, but it is nice to hear people's opinion and theories on where it may lie.

-Brandon
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Empty Re: The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 28 Apr 2018, 6:52 pm

tester12 wrote:Yes but most internet radio stations are free to listen in to. The only current hiccup preventing that from being the complete mode of radio besides satellite is the fact you can't listen to it in your car without a smart phone plugged in to a stereo, even then it requires the internet to be online the whole time.

If that hiccup is ever resolved and all cars somehow get their own reliable internet, then yes it is possible internet radio could abolish fm/am radio. Even if it is not likely to happen in the next couple decades.

they're not free, the subscription covers the cost of the air time instead of the commercials
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Empty Re: The future of radio [Discussion/debate]?

Post by tester12 Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:07 pm

I wasn't referring to satellite radio. I was referring to internet radio. Neutral

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:22 pm

well, there's commercials on the internet radio stream too, so it's probably the same as the regular radio.
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 29 Apr 2018, 8:58 am

That depends, there are millions of internet stations. Not all of them have commercials.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Social10The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Social11The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Youtub13The future of radio [Discussion/debate]? - Page 3 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 29 Apr 2018, 10:04 am

well, they kind of do, they need to pay for the airtime somehow
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 19 Aug 2018, 6:10 pm

There is a lot of internet radio stations out there. But there is also radio stations like String Ray Music which is available on cable and satelite in Canada. But I do love String Ray Music since it plays non stop radio singles with no commericals at all. Just wanted to that since I can't remember what I said before but there is some more thoughts from me Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 20 Aug 2018, 6:31 pm

Radio will always exist in some form
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:33 pm

Online radio definitelly could one day be the future. I mean alot of new cars already have touch screen 'infotainment' systems. Only a matter of time until they figure out how to get internet in cars. Once that happens, its game over fm radio I think.

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:57 am

tester12 wrote:Online radio definitelly could one day be the future. I mean alot of new cars already have touch screen 'infotainment' systems. Only a matter of time until they figure out how to get internet in cars. Once that happens, its game over fm radio I think.
probably not, radio will exist on a radio for a long time yet
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 02 Sep 2018, 6:14 pm

Brandon wrote:
DJJosh wrote:Radio stations will be still around. With the power of the internet they will be stream online on their official website for the radio station. It is also part of cable and satelitte that have radio stations with many genres to listen to. Radio will still be around in the future just it will be different to listen to it since there could be many different things happening in the future Radio will live on for a long time Smile

1mtvfan wrote:more to my previous post, and point

Yeah but their doing it on their websites then its not fm or am anymore, now it is internet radio. I never said radio would go away, I just said it would evolve so there will no longer be FM AND AM Radio. Such evolution would make all us 'mediocre' internet rqdio stations on a more equal ground with the 'Pros'. Smile

This is very true Brandon. But there is still FM and AM radio stations. But they are just using their website to stream the radio station on there. That is only that people all over the world can listen to that radio station if they wanted to. That is just my thoughts Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bgradionetwork Sun 14 Oct 2018, 7:29 am

I still think.internet radio is the future.
bgradionetwork
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 4344

http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork https://www.youtube.com/bgradionetwork12

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 9:04 am

bgradionetwork wrote:I still think.internet radio is the future.
maybe so, but when few can afford a computer or web receiver, normal radio will still exist
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 10:35 am

Internet radio is a good thing to have, but there are a lot of people in the world who cannot afford to own a computer (or similar devices) and have a dedicated following of traditional radio.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 04 Nov 2018, 4:52 pm

I do love internet radio as there is a lot of internet radio stations out there. This does include radio stations that are in the USA which is always good to listen to them online too. But radio has really expanded over the years it is just not local radio stations where you live but online radio stations. Even my local Christian radio station you can listen to it online too Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 4:57 pm

most broadcast online, but few people can afford  a web signal receiver
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:00 pm

I'll have to research this a bit to know for sure, but several of the radio stations in my city (Winnipeg, Canada) broadcast online as well as through the traditional radio signals.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:04 pm

few can afford a web receiver so they listen via the traditional methods, but sadly, the one network that needs to be OFF the air hasn't gone off the air yet
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:07 pm

1mtvfan wrote:few can afford a web receiver so they listen via the traditional methods, but sadly, the one network that needs to be OFF the air hasn't gone off the air yet
One is free to make his/her choices in regards to what radio station they listen to.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:09 pm

that one network still needs to be off the air
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:13 pm

1mtvfan wrote:that one network still needs to be off the air
Sorry mtv but i doubt that your wish will be coming true anytime soon.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:15 pm

that one network still needs to be off the air, and it CAN happen
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:18 pm

1mtvfan wrote:that one network still needs to be off the air, and it CAN happen
moving along, I do miss a CBC radio show called Vinyl Cafe. Great stories on that program.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:19 pm

CBC=(puke)
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:26 pm

1mtvfan wrote:CBC=(puke)
The Cbc's music program called Vinyl Tap is usually pretty good too
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sun 04 Nov 2018, 5:31 pm

1mtvfan wrote:CBC=(puke)
I am not saying that you can't have this opinion mtv, but can u please keep it to yourself for a while?
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum