» Daily Chit Chat
Microsoft Debate - Page 17 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Microsoft Debate - Page 17 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Microsoft Debate - Page 17 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Vote_l14Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Voting14Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Microsoft Debate

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Empty Re: Microsoft Debate

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

If anyone is wondering, Windows 8 was originally intended for mobile devices but Microsoft had to develop the 8.1 patch because many people still use a desktop computer rather than a mobile device. Unfortunately there's going to be a time when support for win7 (which is what I'm using at present) will end, but I'm hoping that this doesn't happen anytime soon.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Thu 23 Jan 2020, 2:12 am

most computer's brandon will have a home version of 10 now if you had windows 7 pro then you get windows 10 Pro if it's just a home version then more then likely it will be windows 10 home that's what my computer has is windows 10 home really the only thing 10 Pro will give you is away to delay updates for 2 months.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Smart Coins : 2082

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 26 Jan 2020, 5:53 pm

One of my uncle's set up Windows Vista on my old computer but it did crash. It was good while it lasted. But I have been loving Windows 10 which is on the laptop we got. Been using it for a long time now. It does work out good even connect to bluetooth with my stereo in my room to listen to playlists I made in Windows Media Player or Spotify. I am loving Windows 10 a lot I wouldn't go back to Windows Vista or Windows 7 or any older versions of Windows Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion Sun 26 Jan 2020, 5:56 pm

DJAaronRadio wrote:most computer's brandon will have a home version of 10 now if you had windows 7 pro then you get windows 10 Pro if it's just a home version then more then likely it will be windows 10 home that's what my computer has is windows 10 home really the only thing 10 Pro will give you is away to delay updates for 2 months.
cool i didn't know that,  i had Windows 7 pro and upgraded to Windows 10, as you can see o barely use it.  Have to hook it up and have a look myself.
Razz
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Smart Coins : 268

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Sun 26 Jan 2020, 6:24 pm

ya windows 10 Pro will let you do more things Like editing group Policies delaying updates for i am correcting myself here i thought it was 2 mounts but rather an entire year to delay updates and i think that's for feature updates only not security updates there is much more you can do from what i heard but since i'm a home user and i'm on a home version of windows i can delay updates for 7 days before i chose to install them that's for all Updates in windows 10 home what you do get in windows 10 pro tho is a remote desktop option that you don't get in the home version.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Tue 28 Jan 2020, 11:27 pm

DJAaronRadio wrote:ya windows 10 Pro will let you do more things Like editing group Policies delaying updates for i am correcting myself here i thought it was 2 mounts but rather an entire year to delay updates and i think that's for feature updates only not security updates there is much more you can do from what i heard but since i'm a home user and i'm on a home version of windows i can delay updates for 7 days before i chose to install them that's for all Updates in windows 10 home what you do get in windows 10 pro tho is a remote desktop option that you don't get in the home version.

Wow I didn't know that at all. It sounds very cool Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 29 Jan 2020, 10:10 pm

DJJosh wrote:One of my uncle's set up Windows Vista on my old computer but it did crash. It was good while it lasted. But I have been loving Windows 10 which is on the laptop we got. Been using it for a long time now. It does work out good even connect to bluetooth with my stereo in my room to listen to playlists I made in Windows Media Player or Spotify. I am loving Windows 10 a lot I wouldn't go back to Windows Vista or Windows 7 or any older versions of Windows Smile

Vista.. yuck that was absolute junk lol.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Social10Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Social11Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Youtub13Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Fri 31 Jan 2020, 12:43 pm

Windows Vista was not a success (according to my information) and many of its users chose to make a return to the operating system that came before it. I have been using Win10 for almost a year now and I do like it for the most part. I'm not a big fan of how it tracks the internet sites and files that a person accesses but I accept the fat that such is part of the programming and can't be changed.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:02 pm

Brandon wrote:
DJJosh wrote:One of my uncle's set up Windows Vista on my old computer but it did crash. It was good while it lasted. But I have been loving Windows 10 which is on the laptop we got. Been using it for a long time now. It does work out good even connect to bluetooth with my stereo in my room to listen to playlists I made in Windows Media Player or Spotify. I am loving Windows 10 a lot I wouldn't go back to Windows Vista or Windows 7 or any older versions of Windows Smile

Vista.. yuck that was absolute junk lol.

You got that right. Before it crashed it wasn't working right but I am sure there was on virus on there slowing it down. But it took a while to load up anyways. It was good when I first I had it but I was more happy with Windows 10 as it works a lot better and I am used to it now. I wasn't a fan of any older versions of Windows as I know I have so many over the years. But it seems Windows has did a lot of work over the years to improve Windows which is a good thing. I am loving Windows 10 Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 05 Feb 2020, 5:44 pm

Vista was bad because it was ahead of it's time, and the hardware at the time couldn't properly cope with it. That and the MANY MANY bugs it had as well of course.

Brandon

Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Social10Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Social11Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Youtub13Microsoft Debate - Page 17 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Wed 05 Feb 2020, 11:51 pm

i for one didn't like vista that well i only used it for a short time tho it was a head of it's time and was really to high of specs for computers made at the time.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 09 Feb 2020, 6:15 pm

Vista was a pain in the butt if you can say that in my thoughts. That is also my opinion of Vista. I did get a new update on Windows 10. It going to take a while to get used to the new changes on there. But I am sure I will figure it out eventually Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 12 Feb 2020, 9:50 pm

Yes it was, but thankfully at this point Windows 10 is a stable operating system with very very few issues. Wink

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Thu 13 Feb 2020, 7:24 am

i think Windows 10 is a great OS and it kind of take's care of it's self i do feel bad for the people that refuse to give up windows 7 and not move to 10 they are crazy Razz
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 13 Feb 2020, 6:26 pm

Me too.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 16 Feb 2020, 5:51 pm

I got all of the new updates for Windows installed. They all came at the same time. There was a few changes on Windows 10 including changing the brightness with a bar with a line in the notifications menu. Also the sign out menu for two users is a different including pictures, documents, and power. Also the file explorer looks a lot different too. Those are the changes I did notice with the latest update from Windows. But it seems it is all working again which is good thing Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 19 Feb 2020, 9:25 pm

Mine is fully updated as well Very Happy.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Thu 20 Feb 2020, 2:22 am

just remember in April there going to be rolling out another new feature update for windows 10 i may or may not install it due to the fact that an every year feature update is pointless by now and could brick peoples computers and then microsoft will be in trouble Razz
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 20 Feb 2020, 2:03 pm

Here's an interesting story that my twin brother has told me many times.

A friend of his got the Win10 update forced on him and he did the following things in response.

1.) He restored the windows OS he was using before the update.

2.) He filed a formal lawsuit against Microsoft.

I honestly don't know what happened after the lawsuit was filed, but I do know that he lost the lawsuit (which isn't a big surprise).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Thu 20 Feb 2020, 2:22 pm

for one microsoft has the money to over turn the lawsuit since A your brother restored the OS on his own and feature updates are not forced you have an option in the latest windows version to pause the updates or hold off on them the only time that anyone should roll back is either due to a bug and or problems with drivers in the latest version of windows i only had to roll back once and that was due to a user error on my part again the only time anyone should roll back is if they have issues with the current update.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 23 Feb 2020, 11:15 am

DJAaronRadio wrote:just remember in April there going to be rolling out another new feature update for windows 10 i may or may not install it due to the fact that an every year feature update is pointless by now and could brick peoples computers and then microsoft will be in trouble Razz

What feature are they going to be un necessarily adding this time? Mad Rolling Eyes

TigerTankFan wrote:Here's an interesting story that my twin brother has told me many times.

A friend of his got the Win10 update forced on him and he did the following things in response.

1.) He restored the windows OS he was using before the update.

2.) He filed a formal lawsuit against Microsoft.

I honestly don't know what happened after the lawsuit was filed, but I do know that he lost the lawsuit (which isn't a big surprise).

That was quite stupid on his part. It's in the license agreement that no one reads that Microsoft has the right to add and apply whatever features and updates they want to. They probably didnt even need to go to court to get that lawsuit dismissed. Your friend just wasted a ton of money for nothing.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 23 Feb 2020, 5:30 pm

The latest update was a pain in the butt. I had to reset this plugin I used for Windows Media Player called Last FM. I also had to reset the automatic downloads for iTunes. It was super slow till I had run Skip Disc to fix errors on the C Drive of the laptop. It works much better now. Just the update came at the worst time with just updating Google Chrome. Also followed by more updates that didn't take very long at all. I just don't why there is so many updates at the same time. It gets annoying after a while. I got it all installed and getting used to the new changes on Windows 10. There was very changes but oh well that is what Mircosoft wanted with this new update Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Wed 26 Feb 2020, 2:52 am

i think most of the problem people have with windows 10 is people update everything all at once making things run slow now me i update everything one at a time like my chrome browser i update that before my next windows update video drivers same thing i update before updating windows that way i know windows is not going to slow down on me i time my updates each month i mainly do things before the second Tuesday of the month video drivers and browser related updates that way when i do windows updates or a major OS Update i don't overwhelm my system all at once and i keep things running smooth everytime Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 01 Mar 2020, 12:33 pm

DJAaronRadio wrote:i think most of the problem people have with windows 10 is people update everything all at once making things run slow now me i update everything one at a time like my chrome browser i update that before my next windows update video drivers same thing i update before updating windows that way i know windows is not going to slow down on me i time my updates each month i mainly do things before the second Tuesday of the month video drivers and browser related updates that way when i do windows updates or a major OS Update i don't overwhelm my system all at once and i keep things running smooth everytime Smile

That sounds like a great idea. I just have no idea to update drivers on my laptop. That is why it is probably so overwhelmed by the updates from Windows. But it was the first update since last year some time. It is working good now just getting used to the new changes on the new update for Windows 10 Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 01 Mar 2020, 8:50 pm

DJAaronRadio wrote:i think most of the problem people have with windows 10 is people update everything all at once making things run slow now me i update everything one at a time like my chrome browser i update that before my next windows update video drivers same thing i update before updating windows that way i know windows is not going to slow down on me i time my updates each month i mainly do things before the second Tuesday of the month video drivers and browser related updates that way when i do windows updates or a major OS Update i don't overwhelm my system all at once and i keep things running smooth everytime Smile

Usually it's the computer that decides when to update stuff though. I mean of course you can always update manually, but the computer chooses to update all at once, so I really don't think that is the problem.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Mon 02 Mar 2020, 9:08 pm

that's what i do i update manually that way i'm not letting things get messed up by windows doing it automatically sometimes i let it go but other times i just don't want something to get messed up by a broken update.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum