I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
No user

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 Empty Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Post by tester12 Tue 06 Jan 2015, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if Satellite TV is better then Cable TV, if so why? If not why? I know one is cheaper, but are there any other advantages?
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Post by debbienjgirl Sat 26 Nov 2016, 6:08 pm

No, we just switched to cable because sattellite tv sucks.. i say this because when its windy or raining the sattelite goes out and you have no tv which really is no fun if your paying for it. With cable that doesnt happen
debbienjgirl
debbienjgirl
Radio Communication Intern
Radio Communication Intern

Smart Coins : 278

Back to top Go down

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 26 Nov 2016, 11:02 pm

that's been one of my points throughout this debate
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 27 Nov 2016, 8:48 am

1mtvfan wrote:that's been one of my points throughout this debate

In the usa the sattelite provider we have (yes still have the service because we are on a contract apparently with them), which we have hooked up to a spare tv for me to watch, doesn't have some of the channels cable does like News 12 NJ or the YES Network (channel Yankees are on 98% of the season during the regular season) which kinda sucks since that means I will be unable to watch the yankees on it.

All it is going to be good for is watching the walking dead when I am home, some sports channels, the news, weather channel and maybe movies occasionally, the rest of the channels I probably won't watch much.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 27 Nov 2016, 12:44 pm

i stand by my point i made long ago
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 21 Dec 2016, 8:10 pm

I could be wrong about this but a large percentage of satellite TV companies do not carry local TV signals.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 22 Dec 2016, 9:06 am

That is partially true. Some local news channels they do not carry and others they do.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 22 Dec 2016, 10:42 am

and if they do, they charge an exorbitant amount of cash to the customer to receive them, which is just BS
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 02 May 2017, 10:16 pm

What sattelite tv providers are there in Canada @1mtvfan , @TigerTankFan?
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 03 May 2017, 9:31 am

quite a few, but they charge an arm and a leg for their service
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:49 pm

I'll have to do some research on this, but Bell (now Bell-MTS) has a sattelite tv service in addition to cable one.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:14 am

not worth it, they want too much money for satellite service, and it comes with spotty at best reception
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:58 pm

If anyone wants to know, 1mtvfan and myself now have a cable TV service called Fibe (which is provided by Bell/MTS).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:06 pm

cable over satellite any day, and we only have fibe because it was forced on us by bell, and only so the btards can charge us more money, highway robbery at its finest
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 06 Nov 2018, 10:21 pm

1mtvfan wrote:cable over satellite any day, and we only have fibe because it was forced on us by bell, and only so the btards can charge us more money, highway robbery at its finest
Sorry to ask, but could u plz choose your words a little more carefully next time u post on BD 1mtvfan? Getting back on topic, here are a few sattelite TV providers in Canada (according to Wikipedia anyway):

Unfortunately I don't know what these companies charge for their services, but it probably varies a lot and depends on what type of viewing package is offered.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 11 Nov 2018, 5:21 pm

On Bell TV you can get a lot more channels. On Telus or Shaw Direct you can only get certain packages to watch what you do want to see. Bell TV gives you more channels with music channels. On cable which is Shaw Direct or Telus you get the channels you want along with music channels too. I do love Bell TV but it is more offered out in eastern Canada. The western Canada is more with Bell Direct or Telus TV Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by bgradionetwork Wed 14 Nov 2018, 9:22 am

DJJosh wrote:On Bell TV you can get a lot more channels. On Telus or Shaw Direct you can only get certain packages to watch what you do want to see. Bell TV gives you more channels with music channels. On cable which is Shaw Direct or Telus you get the channels you want along with music channels too. I do love Bell TV but it is more offered out in eastern Canada. The western Canada is more with Bell Direct or Telus TV Smile

We unfortunatelly do not have such companies here. It's Comcast (Xfinity), Verizon, Cox, Optimum and Time Warner for cable here. Only Direct tv and Dish for sattelite.
bgradionetwork
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 4344

http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork https://www.youtube.com/bgradionetwork12

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 18 Nov 2018, 6:14 pm

bgradionetwork wrote:
DJJosh wrote:On Bell TV you can get a lot more channels. On Telus or Shaw Direct you can only get certain packages to watch what you do want to see. Bell TV gives you more channels with music channels. On cable which is Shaw Direct or Telus you get the channels you want along with music channels too. I do love Bell TV but it is more offered out in eastern Canada. The western Canada is more with Bell Direct or Telus TV Smile

We unfortunatelly do not have such companies here. It's Comcast (Xfinity), Verizon, Cox, Optimum and Time Warner for cable here. Only Direct tv and Dish for sattelite.

The USA has different companies that provide TV. I have seen commericals about at one of those companies you did mention. But it is different Canada how the TV is set up. But it still works. We got our own sports channels like USA does. That does include Sportsnet and TSN which do have more than one channel for sports. But there is also many other channels including channels in the USA too Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Wed 20 Feb 2019, 8:42 pm

I forgot when it happened but Bell bought MTS out and the new company is called BellMTS. Frustratingly the most recent bill for this company's services was $281CDN, and this has resulted in my parents considering the possibility of eliminating some TV channels in order to save some money.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Wed 20 Feb 2019, 10:04 pm

Yeah the cable companies everywhere these days have lost their minds with the prices. It is no wonder so many people are cutting the cord and sticking with just Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Thu 21 Feb 2019, 2:45 pm

tester12 wrote:Yeah the cable companies everywhere these days have lost their minds with the prices. It is no wonder so many people are cutting the cord and sticking with just Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
Netflix's new prices aren't that bad actually but, considering how much they paid to create new content, it makes sense for them to raise their prices to at least try and recoup some of these costs. As for Hulu and Amazon Prime, I have no clue how much they cost as I don't use them.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 22 Feb 2019, 8:29 pm

Yeah Netflix has high operating costs cause of much exclusive content they produce. While they do have a couple good shows and movies I enjoy watching on Netflix, I tend to watch Hulu more. This is because Hulu has more of the shows you would see on tv and just exclusive content like with Netflix.

I have never used Amazon Prime Video, so I don't know how good or bad it is.
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 24 Feb 2019, 4:48 pm

I don't use Netflix or any services like that. I know some people like using Netflix and other services like that. I am happy with cable but I do love Satelilte TV more since there is a lot more channels. But it seems it is only Bell does off Satelite TV. It is mostly cable companies like Shaw or Telus that provide cable. I know it more different in the USA with different cable companies Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Sun 24 Feb 2019, 11:46 pm

Yeah there alot of companies in usa that do cable, but they are all equally expensive.
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 03 Mar 2019, 5:22 pm

Yes it is expensive with cable from Shaw or Telus in Canada. It is pretty costly to get the channels you want to watch along with any sports or movies too. I wouldn't get Netflix since you can watch every single episode of one show right after each other. I do like watch repeat episodes over again of my favorite shows. I also like watching old TV shows that aren't on TV any more. That was a little off topic there. But I am happy with Shaw as I have had it for a while a long time now Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Wed 06 Mar 2019, 1:19 am

we have Direct TV as our satellite TV provider it's not bad we have alot of channels when i looked at the guide so we ditched cable back in 2007 never went back to cable since only cuz you get more channels then cable way more.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Smart Coins : 2082

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum