I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Praise FM
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:19 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Train sets!
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:16 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Vote_l14Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Voting14Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Empty Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Post by tester12 Tue 06 Jan 2015, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if Satellite TV is better then Cable TV, if so why? If not why? I know one is cheaper, but are there any other advantages?

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Smart Coins : 5531

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Post by tester12 Thu 07 Mar 2019, 1:17 am

Haven't had sattelite since like 2005. That was back when they had those terrible dishes that would lose signal when a thunder storm came along.

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Satellite TV better then cable?

Post by DJJosh Sun 10 Mar 2019, 5:19 pm

DJAaronRadio wrote:we have Direct TV as our satellite TV provider it's not bad we have alot of channels when i looked at the guide so we ditched cable back in 2007 never went back to cable since only cuz you get more channels then cable way more.

Yes that is the same in Canada but it is done by Bell. You get a lot of channels to watch or record from. I did have that long time ago. But been doing cable for a long time. I did love Bell but it only works if you live in a house since you can put it where needs to go. It is harder in condo since they got rules against that. I am sure most people who live in condos only have cable. Shaw isn't too bad at all and these free preview channels aren't too bad at all either. That is my thoughts Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Mon 11 Mar 2019, 11:02 pm

we have all the movie channels free for 3 months after that they get dropped and you have to pay for them.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Smart Coins : 2082

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 12 Mar 2019, 12:56 pm

DJJosh wrote:
DJAaronRadio wrote:we have Direct TV as our satellite TV provider it's not bad we have alot of channels when i looked at the guide so we ditched cable back in 2007 never went back to cable since only cuz you get more channels then cable way more.

Some will you let you get away with it only if you put the dish on a pole or rod that is easily detachable. Surprisingly my apartment complex allows them, as there are about 20 satellite dishes on the roof of each building Razz.

Yes that is the same in Canada but it is done by Bell. You get a lot of channels to watch or record from. I did have that long time ago. But been doing cable for a long time. I did love Bell but it only works if you live in a house since you can put it where needs to go. It is harder in condo since they got rules against that. I am sure most people who live in condos only have cable. Shaw isn't too bad at all and these free preview channels aren't too bad at all either. That is my thoughts Smile

[quote="DJAaronRadio"]we have all the movie channels free for 3 months after that they get dropped and you have to pay for them.[/quote

That is how they get ya there Aaron Razz.

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Social10Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Social11Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Youtub13Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Tue 12 Mar 2019, 2:24 pm

From what I know, the company called Bell is no more. It has been replaced by a company called BellMTS but I don't remember exactly when this company came into being.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 24 Mar 2019, 5:35 pm

DJAaronRadio wrote:we have all the movie channels free for 3 months after that they get dropped and you have to pay for them.

Yes that is very true. I did see I wasn't subscribed to these movies channels I had before. It was real sad since they had no commericals and it was just the movie Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Sun 24 Mar 2019, 8:21 pm

ya and once the movie channels are done you can either pay abit extra to keep them or just have the other channels you normally get with the package you get for satellite TV but it's not a big deal since we use netflix for movies mostly Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 25 Mar 2019, 7:11 am

DJAaronRadio wrote:ya and once the movie channels are done you can either pay abit extra to keep them or just have the other channels you normally get with the package you get for satellite TV but it's not a big deal since we use netflix for movies mostly Smile

Netflix will lose a great deal of movies when Disney launches their streaming service next year though.

Brandon

Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Social10Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Social11Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Youtub13Is Satellite TV better then cable? - Page 6 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 31 Mar 2019, 5:38 pm

I did see the two movie channels we did have were taken over by Crave TV which is another channel does show mostly movies and some shows on it. It was on a free preview but most of the movies on there were movies that I have seen already. There was no point in watching the channel or even getting the channel when I see most of the movies on there. It seem Crave TV is another popular channel like Netflix too. Just I wouldn't pay to have it. Since I do got other movie channels to watch movies on it. The only thing it has commericals on these channels. But it does help to record the movie and fast forward through the commericals. That is what I usually do. But it is always nice to movie channels that do show you only the movie with no commericals. That is my thoughts Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tester12 Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:35 pm

I hear Satelliite has more sports channels than cable does.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 07 Apr 2019, 5:47 pm

Yes it does a lot more sports channels. I do get a good amount of sports channels on cable. I am sure on satellite you could get every single sports channel out there. You could watch every sport out there. I mostly watch basketball games since it is only the sport I do watch apart from Super Bowl or Grey Cup. That is football but I don't watch any other sport. I know a lot of people in Canada are hockey fans. But I am big fan of basketball. That is way off topic. Satellite TV is way better than cable TV in my opinion Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bgradionetwork Thu 11 Apr 2019, 12:52 am

Cool
bgradionetwork
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 4344

http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork https://www.youtube.com/bgradionetwork12

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 14 Apr 2019, 7:36 pm

There is a lot of sports going on now but I will be watching the NBA playoffs along with the Toronto Raptors. Sorry that was a bit off topic there. But I have had cable for years now. It is good but I still wish I had Bell it was more channels to watch on there. Also you could record more than one show on the PVR. On cable i can only record two shows at one time. That does make it difficult. I do have to reschedule to make it work out for each day. But that is all I can do Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 16 Apr 2019, 9:21 am

I take it you have satellite Josh?

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Wed 17 Apr 2019, 6:34 am

i don't watch much TV but if i did have one i might watch the Walking dead or something might be the only show i would watch on TV if i had one in my room Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by bgradionetwork Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:22 am

It is a great show!
bgradionetwork
bgradionetwork
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 4344

http://www.wix.com/sitemaker44/bgradionetwork https://www.youtube.com/bgradionetwork12

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Thu 18 Apr 2019, 5:38 am

i do need to binge watch it sometime on netflix to catch up Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 19 Apr 2019, 9:39 pm

I believe the new season is up. But we are getting a bit off topic, your more then welcome to discuss Walking Dead with me in the Walking Dead Thread Wink.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Mon 22 Apr 2019, 4:42 am

thanks for the info brandon i will check it out Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sun 28 Apr 2019, 6:41 pm

Brandon wrote:I take it you have satellite Josh?

No I have a cable. I use to have satellite a long time ago but I do miss it Sad
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 03 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm

My knowledge of Satellite TV is rather limited but I do know that it does provide some channels that cable TV doesn't. I also know that there was both big & small dish systems for a while, but the larger ones have mostly faded away now due to portability issues (I think).
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3457

Back to top Go down

Post by DJAaronRadio Sat 03 Aug 2019, 6:59 pm

we have alot of channels with Directv nothing limiting there now if you go to dish they are cutting off alot of channels even the Local ones and that sucks.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 04 Aug 2019, 9:49 pm

TigerTankFan wrote:My knowledge of Satellite TV is rather limited but I do know that it does provide some channels that cable TV doesn't. I also know that there was both big & small dish systems for a while, but the larger ones have mostly faded away now due to portability issues (I think).

Well they do tend to have more sports channels from what I understand.

DJAaronRadio wrote:we have alot of channels with Directv nothing limiting there now if you go to dish they are cutting off alot of channels even the Local ones and that sucks.

For the most part, they have a lot of the same channels available, plus extra sports channels for cheaper than with cable, it's just a matter of what package you get with them.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Mon 05 Aug 2019, 6:09 pm

Well that is true since there is a lot of local channels on cable even in Canada. That is a good thing since on satellite you would get all of these channels from other places in the USA or Canada. I did remember when I did have satellite I would have these channels that were the same channels I had just from places in east of Canada like Thunder Bay or places like that. It was good with that since they were two hours ahead i could watch a show on there before it was on one of my local channels. I am sure there is more sports channels than you would get on cable. I do have a lot of sports channels but I know satellite would have many more sports channels. That is just my thoughts Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum