Broadcasting Duo Review

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Broadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 Empty Broadcasting Duo Review

Post by Brandon Mon 02 Apr 2012, 7:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Broadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 Yourfo10
Broadcasting Duo

Pros To start off, I was very impress with your banner. Looks awesome! I like the Forums icons. As well as the Online Image, it matches with it.

Cons To start off, I don't like theme [skin] of the forums. Honestly it doesn't really go with the banner, since it has different kind of Colors. It's to red, not really my favorite color. It's not really professional.

My opinion, change the theme. And add images to the forums.
   But in other words, I like your forums, keep up the good work.

Last edited by Brandon on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 8:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Broadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Broadcasting Duo Review

Post by Brandon Mon 24 Oct 2016, 9:54 pm

Our latest review dated: 10/24/2016 .

Click to Read:

Review written by: @Legionheart

Last edited by Brandon on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 27 Jun 2017, 9:56 am

Here is our latest review:

Click to read:

Review written by: Elementar on 6/27/2017

Last edited by Brandon on Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 03 Dec 2017, 9:11 am

Our latest review, dated 12/3/2017

Click to read:

Review written by: Poser

Last edited by Brandon on Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:55 pm

Click to read:
Review written by: Aomine
Review dated: 12/07/2017

Last edited by Brandon on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:29 am

Click to read:
Review written by: @Jadster

Last edited by Brandon on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 29 Jul 2018, 9:00 pm

Click to read:

Review written by: Chanelw on 7/29/18

Last edited by Brandon on Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 07 Sep 2018, 11:26 am

Broadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 Yfr11
Broadcasting Duo

First ImpressionsBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 910

Forum Appearance Broadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 910

Members and Forum ActivityBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 610

Staff and UsergroupsBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 1011

Forum OriginalityBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 1011

Grammar and SpellingBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 1011

Reviewer's FeedbackBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 910

• Feedback

• So you wanted a more theme focused review and that is what I shall provide. I know you recently updated the version of your forum software so that does change how the website looks overall. Though some may argue that they don't see much of a difference there are very obvious changes to the design overall, simple ones being how the post profile shows up, the avatars next to the recent posts and so on. I really enjoy the updated theme as I feel it has really used up a bit of the open space that the old design had left. I like how the post profiles are all centered and looks very organized with the new design. Have you thought about trying to add gradients since they seem to work well with PhpBB2 and PhpBB3 designs? The only part that I found to be a little small on your new design is the scrolling announcements, maybe try making the font a bit bigger as I missed that in my initial run through of your forum. I do also like how the widgets look a bit cleaner then the old version widgets so well done! Overall I have to say your new theme design really bring out a lot of potential for your forum and I can't wait to see what next major updates your bring to Broadcasting Duo! So this will wrap up my review, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know! Any feedback is greatly appreciated as well.

• Forum Strengths

• Forum Appearance
    • Forum Originality
    • Spelling and Grammar

• Forum Weaknesses

• Forum Activity

Average Review Score: 9 /10

Review written by: @Jadster on 9/7/2018
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 16 Oct 2018, 5:51 pm

Broadcasting Duo

First ImpressionsBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 910

Forum Appearance Broadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 8_b10

Members and Forum ActivityBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 610

Staff and UsergroupsBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 10_b11

Forum OriginalityBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 910

Grammar and SpellingBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 10_b11

Reviewer's FeedbackBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 810

• Feedback

• The first impressions of your forum are great. I really like the colors of the forum and the way the colors are showing up. I know there's been a recent update of the forum from phpBB2 to phpBB3 and this is a sign of dedication to the forum. What catches my eye right away was the font of the forum which for me is something that could be changed really easily. Moving on to the forum appearance, as far as I can see the forum has improved a lot with the removal of the tables that phpBB2 version had. Although I still think there are a lot of improvements to be made to increase the average appearance of the forum. One example I can give is the border of your categories. For me, and in my humble opinion I believe they should be completely removed and have the categories show by themselves. Moving on to the forum activity and the member's activity I can say that this section has improved. I noticed that there are a lot of posts made and some standard members are logging in daily. Still though I'd really see some more members logging in and posting around your forum. The staff and usergroups are perfectly looking in my opinion and I have no comment to say about this. Now for the forum originality, I'd say that in my opinion, with some coding changes made to the forum there could be a lot more things to do. Other than that the forum subject is a lot unique and with some coding changes I'd say it would be a lot better. No grammar or spelling mistake has been spotted. Lastly, for my personal thoughts, I'd highly suggest you to change some standard things you have still, such as the navigation bar and the overall design of your forum. Since there was an update to the version a newest version of the navigation bar would be something spectacular for you and your members. Overall, some changes to the general appearance would lift the spirit to you and your members too. Other than that, you still have a great site! Well done!

• Forum Strengths

• Originality
    • Grammar and Spelling
    • Staff and usergroups
    • Logo and images

• Forum Weaknesses

• Activity
    • Coding wise appearance changes

Average Review Score: 8.57 /10 (Excellent!)

Review written by: @Lucifer (Luffy)
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 19 Dec 2018, 12:34 pm

Broadcasting Duo

First ImpressionsBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 1011

• Let me start off by saying WOW! Since your last review I can see you have made some great improvements such as a new forum banner and with the holidays right around the corner, some holiday themed decorations. The new banner looks very creative and really grabs my attention. I feel that this was a wonderful change to your forum and works well with the new forum icons you have also added as they have the same concept. I love the holiday spirit you have implemented to your forum as well. Every time I visit there always seems to be more and more content and changes coming which is absolutely amazing. Another thing that did grab my attention is the activity of the forum but I will address that later. Overall I am still very pleased with your forum upon first glance and let's get down to the details of everything.

Forum Appearance Broadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 910

• Starting off with your forum's appearance, I personally think you have done a fabulous job creating a creative and unique forum design. The new banner is very festive and really builds up the holiday spirit your website is showing with the hanging lights, the snow effect, and the banner itself. Speaking about the banner, not only is it festive but I see that it is a brand new banner compared to your last banner and might I say, it looks amazing. I feel it truly speaks to the new design changes you have already made to Broadcasting Duo and how it works well with the new forum icons you have implemented as well. One suggestion I have regarding your forum appearance would be a new forum favicon to add to the modern look of your forum such as what you have done with the banner and forum icons.

Members and Forum ActivityBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 510

• When it comes to your forum, I feel that the member activity on your forum seems to be the biggest area of improvement. A suggestion I have would be to try and run a few competitions to help drive some activity. You can try things like a posting competition, referral competition to help bring in new members, and maybe some other various different competitions. This will help bring new people in and bring your current members back online to help out. I feel that the forum activity should be your primary focus after any current updates you may be working to add to your forum. Overall, your activity is good on a staff side of it but I personally feel it would be more successful getting some more members to help boost the life of the forum.

Staff and UsergroupsBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 1011

• Looking at your staff and usergroups, I feel that this is very straight forward and well organized with your forum. Each of your usergroups is to the point and understood so there isn't any confusion as to what each of them do and the colors work well with the dark theme of your forum. Your forum has 6 user groups, 5 for staff and 1 for members who have earned the VIP status. These are all easily understood and makes for a well organized and professional forum. So in my opinion, I do not see any necessary changes nor do I have any suggestions for these. Great work on the usergroups and keep it up!

Forum OriginalityBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 1011

• So regarding your forum and the originality, I feel that you have done a wonderful job with this. You have a creative design and a long history of content to drive success. My personal suggestion to add to your forums originality would be to add some background music that fits the forum such as holiday music currently for the holiday spirit. Another suggestion I would have would be to allow controls over that music if possible so members who don't want it can remove it while those that do can listen to music while visiting the site. As far as your forum design, it is a standard dark theme with custom images which do add to the forum originality so I say great job on that! Overall, I believe you have done amazing work with Broadcasting Duo and making sure it stands out and is original. Keep it up!

Grammar and SpellingBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 910

• After taking some time to review your forum again, I only found a few grammar or spelling errors that could use some fine tuning. Such as the Suggestions Box "Got a suggestion? Post it here! It may considered by our Administration!" should have the word "be" after "may". Same with the "Other Equipment" section saying "All discussions about Equipment that do not have section of their own, can be found here." This should say "that do not have a section of their own,". These are all minor errors but I personally feel like they can be fixed easily. Other then those few errors I didn't find any other major ones that stood out so I would like to say great work! You have done a great work keeping things professional and making sure there aren't too may errors. Keep it up!

Reviewer's FeedbackBroadcasting Duo Review - Page 2 810

• So I want to first start off by thanking you for the opportunity to review your forum again. I personally love all the new changes that you have made to the forum and again, I love the holiday decorations that you have brought. Your forum is still very well laid out and organized which is always pleasant to see. My only suggestions I have do pertain to your forum activity which as I mentioned, try running some competitions or friendly ways to get your other members active again and still get new ones to continue the growth of your website. The spelling and grammar is very well done aside from the very minor errors that I found and pointed out above. As always your forum is very original and unique as I have never to this day found another broadcasting related forum with as much dedication that your shows. Keep up the hard work and I cannot wait to see what Broadcasting Duo brings for the rest of 2018 and into the new year!

Average Review Score: 8.5 /10

Review written by: @Jadster
Review written on: 12/15/18
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: