Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Do you use Facebook?
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020, 2:03 am by DJAaronRadio

» Favorite music
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 7:07 pm by DJJosh

» Favorite Movies
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 7:02 pm by DJJosh

» Flash support ending soon!
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 6:57 pm by DJJosh

» Favorite AM Radio Stations?
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 6:55 pm by DJJosh

» Daily Chit Chat
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 6:49 pm by DJJosh

» BG Radio Network
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 6:46 pm by DJJosh

» Vaughn Tv General Discussion.
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 6:43 pm by DJJosh

» Train sets!
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020, 6:42 pm by DJJosh

Top posting users this month
DJAaronRadio
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_l14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Voting14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_r14 
Brandon
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_l14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Voting14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_r14 
DJJosh
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_l14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Voting14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_r14 
TigerTankFan
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_l14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Voting14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_r14 
BlackScorpion
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_l14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Voting14USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

USB & Bus Mixers!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by MadDogRadioLive on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Which type of mixer is better? USB or bus mixers? A USB mixer is connected to the computer, routing the audio from the computer back into the mixer by simply selecting the 2 Track To USB, etc. With a bus mixer, the audio is sent through a TRS Cable or a RCA Cable. TRS cables have a quarter inch end which plugs into the bus mixer, and a 3.55 end that plugs into your soundcard on your mixer. The TRS function will also work with a USB mixer if you do not route the audio via the USB cable. I currently use a Alesis Multimix 8 USB FX which sells for $149 USD. It has built in phantom power which is needed for condenser microphones, 4 RCA inputs, And 8 channels, as well as on-board effects. I will not go over all the features on this mixer in this post! Hope this helps, and happy broadcasting! Smile

_________________

Owner/CEO/Founder/Host
Mad Dog Radio Live - Arizona's Favorite
MadDogRadioLive
MadDogRadioLive
Newbie Streamer
Newbie Streamer

Posts : 14
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 33
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Arizona

http://www.maddogradiolive.com

Back to top Go down


USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:07 pm

i don't like how Usb gives high Latency for audio in turns lags your audio when your streaming controllers are typically Low latency Usb but there is a catch it's mostly analog too it uses Rca cables to relay the audio to another mixer Usb is more for time code data of the mp3 or m4a files so you can use all the functions like fade up fade down for channel 1 and 2 and the crossfader it's all mapped over USB so the software it uses Like virtual DJ can read it While other mixers send audio data not time code data my controller does send time code data and audio data but the audio data part goes to the built in soundcard the controller uses that's where the analog Rca cables come in to turn the audio signal from the time code into actual audio.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by Brandon on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 1:36 pm

@DJAaronRadio wrote:i don't like how Usb gives high Latency for audio in turns lags your audio when your streaming controllers are typically Low latency Usb but there is a catch it's mostly analog too it uses Rca cables to relay the audio to another mixer Usb is more for time code data of the mp3 or m4a files so you can use all the functions like fade up fade down for channel 1 and 2 and the crossfader it's all mapped over USB so the software it uses Like virtual DJ can read it While other mixers send audio data not time code data my controller does send time code data and audio data but the audio data part goes to the built in soundcard the controller uses that's where the analog Rca cables come in to turn the audio signal from the time code into actual audio.

Oh ok.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social10USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social11USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Youtub13USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Rulebo13


#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10874
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 13164
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 23
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 4:37 am

it's kind of interesting how it works tho Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by Brandon on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 8:44 pm

What is interesting about it?

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social10USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social11USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Youtub13USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Rulebo13


#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10874
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 13164
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 23
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 3:57 am

that it sends time code and audio at the same time Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by Brandon on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 7:42 pm

And a USB Mixer can't do that?

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social10USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social11USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Youtub13USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Rulebo13


#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10874
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 13164
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 23
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 12:05 pm

not your multi channel ones made for live sound only DJ ones.
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by BlackScorpion on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:09 pm

@Aaron, what controller and software do you use to broadcast with?
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Posts : 226
Smart Coins : 250
Join date : 2019-12-21

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 2:15 am

Numark IDJ3 well most of the time when i have it hooked in it's an old DJ Controller from 2010 but it still works in windows 10 just fine Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by BlackScorpion on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 4:31 pm

@DJAaronRadio wrote:Numark IDJ3 well most of the time when i have it hooked in it's an old DJ Controller from 2010 but it still works in windows 10 just fine Smile

Do you or anyone else who broadcast, how do you connect to the broadcasting site ? do you connect directly with the numark? or do you have a mixer board to connect too? just trying to see how everyone connects to the camup site.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Posts : 226
Smart Coins : 250
Join date : 2019-12-21

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Wed 01 Jan 2020, 2:49 pm

the idj3 only output's no input so i have to use another mixer to feed the audio signal with the built in soundcard it has i just take a normal set of RCA Cables to feed into another mixer for camup you Need OBS but that's for another topic Smile
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by Brandon on Wed 01 Jan 2020, 6:53 pm

@BlackScorpion wrote:
@DJAaronRadio wrote:Numark IDJ3 well most of the time when i have it hooked in it's an old DJ Controller from 2010 but it still works in windows 10 just fine Smile

Do you or anyone else who broadcast, how do you connect to the broadcasting site ? do you connect directly with the numark? or do you have a mixer board to connect too? just trying to see how everyone connects to the camup site.

Connecting is easy, once you set up OBS you just set stream output to custom, then put in the rtmp and stream key that Camup provides and hit start streaming. That's it Very Happy.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social10USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social11USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Youtub13USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Rulebo13


#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10874
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 13164
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 23
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by BlackScorpion on Wed 01 Jan 2020, 7:24 pm

@DJAaronRadio wrote:the idj3 only output's no input so i have to use another mixer to feed the audio signal with the built in soundcard it has i just take a normal set of RCA Cables to feed into another mixer for camup you Need OBS but that's for another topic Smile


 My Staton SCS.4dDJ has only1  output also , but i have the Hercules DJConsole RMX which has has 2 sets of inputs and 2 sets of outputs.  I'm might use that one?


Brandon
@BlackScorpion wrote:
@DJAaronRadio wrote:Numark IDJ3 well most of the time when i have it hooked in it's an old DJ Controller from 2010 but it still works in windows 10 just fine Smile

Do you or anyone else who broadcast, how do you connect to the broadcasting site ? do you connect directly with the numark? or do you have a mixer board to connect too? just trying to see how everyone connects to the camup site.

Connecting is easy, once you set up OBS you just set stream output to custom, then put in the rtmp and stream key that Camup provides and hit start streaming. That's it Very Happy.


That's good to know Brandon
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Posts : 226
Smart Coins : 250
Join date : 2019-12-21

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 2:37 am

ya i do agree is is very easy once things are setup i will be going USB soon with a new mixer so i do have to learn a bit cuz i will be new to it and i will fully be stepping away for analog in the way of hooking things up Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by BlackScorpion on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 7:42 pm

@DJAaronRadio wrote:ya i do agree is is very easy once things are setup i will be going USB soon with a new mixer so i do have to learn a bit cuz i will be new to it and i will fully be stepping away for analog in the way of hooking things up Very Happy


 Well , i'll let you get yours first and set it all up , then i will come along and just copy you....  Razz
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Posts : 226
Smart Coins : 250
Join date : 2019-12-21

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 3:06 am

ya this will be the first time the show will step away from all analog and going full digital with audio and it will be interesting to see where the show goes once i upgrade to USB Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by BlackScorpion on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 7:22 pm

@DJAaronRadio wrote:ya this will be the first time the show will step away from all analog and going full digital with audio and it will be interesting to see where the show goes once i upgrade to USB Very Happy

It can only get better ,i imagine, since everything is going digital?
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Posts : 226
Smart Coins : 250
Join date : 2019-12-21

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by Brandon on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:26 pm

@BlackScorpion wrote:
@DJAaronRadio wrote:ya this will be the first time the show will step away from all analog and going full digital with audio and it will be interesting to see where the show goes once i upgrade to USB Very Happy

It can only get better ,i imagine, since everything is going digital?

Well digital also usually leads to stuff breaking faster too though. Since everything made nowadays in the tech world has only a 2 to 4 year lifespan Crying or Very sad .

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social10USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social11USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Youtub13USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Rulebo13


#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10874
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 13164
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 23
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 1:35 am

well let's hope not brandon my old mixer lasted 15 years so i think if i look after the new one it should out last the one i have now Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by Brandon on Sat 18 Jan 2020, 10:24 am

But they don't make tech like they used to you know.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social10USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social11USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Youtub13USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Rulebo13


#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10874
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 13164
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 23
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by BlackScorpion on Sat 18 Jan 2020, 4:51 pm

That's true Brandon, but things are changing and lots of he new electronics if taken care of can last a few years. For example my cheap Vestex Spin  mixer, it was made in 2009, here it is 11 years later and still as good as new.  If you take care of it, you should have no issues, unless it comes from the factory defected , then thats a whole different story.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Posts : 226
Smart Coins : 250
Join date : 2019-12-21

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by Brandon on Mon 20 Jan 2020, 9:08 pm

@BlackScorpion wrote:That's true Brandon, but things are changing and lots of he new electronics if taken care of can last a few years. For example my cheap Vestex Spin  mixer, it was made in 2009, here it is 11 years later and still as good as new.  If you take care of it, you should have no issues, unless it comes from the factory defected , then thats a whole different story.

Well 2009 they still made things semi decent. But in the age of the internet and everything being cheap cheap, everything is almost pre built to fail after only a couple years.

_________________

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social10USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Social11USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Youtub13USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Rulebo13


#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Posts : 10874
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 13164
Join date : 2010-12-31
Age : 23
Location : United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by BlackScorpion on Mon 20 Jan 2020, 10:16 pm

@Brandon wrote:
@BlackScorpion wrote:That's true Brandon, but things are changing and lots of he new electronics if taken care of can last a few years. For example my cheap Vestex Spin  mixer, it was made in 2009, here it is 11 years later and still as good as new.  If you take care of it, you should have no issues, unless it comes from the factory defected , then thats a whole different story.

Well 2009 they still made things semi decent. But in the age of the internet and everything being cheap cheap, everything is almost pre built to fail after only a couple years.

 That is true, it really depends on the company, some put out good stuff , while others put out crap
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
FM Radio DJ
FM Radio DJ

Posts : 226
Smart Coins : 250
Join date : 2019-12-21

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by DJAaronRadio on Thu 23 Jan 2020, 2:22 am

it will last just as long only if you look after it my radio shack mixer lasted 15 years it semi works at the moment due to water damage but eh it's getting my by till i get the new board Very Happy
DJAaronRadio
DJAaronRadio
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1597
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 1860
Join date : 2018-02-24
Age : 39
Location : Arizona USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDinxZilbMD_J6NBfhxkURw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

USB & Bus Mixers! - Page 2 Empty Re: USB & Bus Mixers!

Post by tester12 on Wed 17 Jun 2020, 11:56 am

@DJAaronRadio wrote:ya this will be the first time the show will step away from all analog and going full digital with audio and it will be interesting to see where the show goes once i upgrade to USB Very Happy
How are you liking having a usb vs analog mixer?

_________________

I am tester12, I was formely known as a support moderator, but I am now the site's only Super Moderator, please feel free to pm me if ever need anything, have any questions or require a staff member.

-Tester12
tester12
tester12
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 4764
Gender : Male
Smart Coins : 5525
Join date : 2011-01-01
Location : United States

http://www.broadcastingduo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum