I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train sets!
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:33 pm by TigerTankFan

» lake trip pics?
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:32 pm by TigerTankFan

» Praise FM
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm by TigerTankFan

» Camup General Discussion
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by TigerTankFan

» Logitech C920 Pro Webcam
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2024, 11:12 pm by TigerTankFan

» AForum :: Advertising Forum
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024, 1:19 am by Sir Chivas

» Daily Chit Chat
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyTue 06 Feb 2024, 1:58 am by DJAaronRadio

» Numbers in Pictures
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm by Brandon

» Name a city that doesn't have the letter A in it
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024, 12:12 pm by Brandon

Top posting users this month
TigerTankFan
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_l14Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Voting14Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_r14 

Broadcasting Duo Facebook Page

Should we keep the staff background colors?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should keep the staff background colors?

Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_l1486%Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_r14 86% 
[ 6 ]
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_l1414%Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_r14 14% 
[ 1 ]
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_l140%Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Vote_r14 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Empty Should we keep the staff background colors?

Post by Brandon Sat 20 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello, I wanted to know if we should keep the staff backgrounds or ditch them! Please vote in the poll and state your opinons below!

Last edited by Brandon on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sincerly Broadcasting Duo Founder,
Brandon

Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Brando10
Broadcasting Duo Resources:
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Social10Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Social11Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Youtub13Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Smart Coins : 13388

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHLkI2Cdtzsl8pa-HQyFdg

Back to top Go down

Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should we keep the staff background colors?

Post by DJJosh Sat 09 Jan 2016, 2:44 pm

I don't really know the different at all with the color it all looks orange to me. Is that suppose to be the color for staff? Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smart Coins : 2620

Back to top Go down

Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should we keep the staff background colors?

Post by Brandon Sat 09 Jan 2016, 7:06 pm

DJJosh wrote:I don't really know the different at all with the color it all looks orange to me. Is that suppose to be the color for staff? Smile

Yeah, but it is not all orange, that is just administrators. Every staff group has a different color, super moderators have green, moderators have blue and the other 2 I haven't gotten up yet. Wink

Brandon

Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Social10Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Social11Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Youtub13Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Rulebo13

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 11 Jan 2016, 2:17 pm

With all that said and done, this thread needs a thorough cleaning as Tester suggested. No more off topic replies in this topic please, this topic is only for feedback on the staff background colors features and my (or another admin's) update to this feature.

Topic cleaned ~ Brandon

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerTankFan Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:52 pm

I happen to like my background color actually, don't know if this helps anyone though.
TigerTankFan
TigerTankFan
Administrator
Administrator

Smart Coins : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:09 pm

Well I do find the changing background colors to be confusing since Brandon is orange and Arthur is blue Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:26 pm

The colors to by ones staff position and rank.

Administrators background color= orange
Super Moderators background color= green
Moderators background color= blue
Gfx Designer background color= N/A (not up yet)
Voice Over Artists background color= N/A (not up yet).

Since I am an administrator my background color is orange, since TigerTankFan is a Moderator, his background color is blue.

Does that make sense?

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by DJJosh Sat 05 Mar 2016, 4:50 pm

Brandon wrote:The colors to by ones staff position and rank.

Administrators background color= orange
Super Moderators background color= green
Moderators background color= blue
Gfx Designer background color= N/A (not up yet)
Voice Over Artists background color= N/A (not up yet).

Since I am an administrator my background color is orange, since TigerTankFan is a Moderator, his background color is blue.

Does that make sense?

Yes that does make sense. I am guessing VIP Members are only in black too Smile
DJJosh
DJJosh
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sat 05 Mar 2016, 9:29 pm

What do you mean black?

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sat 05 Mar 2016, 10:49 pm

maybe time to lock this topic?
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Smart Coins : 8658

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 06 Mar 2016, 11:00 am

1mtvfan wrote:maybe time to lock this topic?

Uh no... I am not done with this topic, I still have background colors to add. Very Happy

When I am finished with this topic and ready, I will lock it. Smile

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Sun 06 Mar 2016, 7:45 pm

that's why i said maybe its time to lock this topic
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Mon 07 Mar 2016, 7:21 am

1mtvfan wrote:that's why i said maybe its time to lock this topic

Well it's not time.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Mon 07 Mar 2016, 10:35 am

missed the point again, oh well
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur Tue 15 Mar 2016, 7:55 am

In some cases it can cause contrast issues, depending on the color of the foreground and background. ( light blue on orange or blue on blue for example ) It can affect people differently, but generally that clashing of colors can hurt ones eyes or make it hard to focus. I'd say as it is right now it doesn't pose much of a problem because the colors you're using with the backgrounds go fine with the white text. The only thing that might be a problem is the link color, as you can see in your signature it doesn't contrast very well :
Should we keep the staff background colors? - Page 4 Captur10

That can be fixed with color tags though, so it's not much of a problem. Heck, you could even write CSS to change the link color for staff posts which would probably be the easiest way to go. Wink
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Streamer
Streamer

Smart Coins : 43

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 15 Mar 2016, 9:35 am

Yeah I can work on the staff links thing. You have any suggesions for a css code to achieve this @Ange Tuteur ?

I know it can effect everyone differently and that things like gradients can have their positives as well as their negatives. That is why I keep this open and ask everyone here at BD for their feedback everytime I get a new gradient online. If the feedback is positive then I continue on with the project, if it isn't then I am more then happy to consider taking them down if thats what the community at large wants. Smile

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur Tue 15 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm

Code:
.staff-post .postbody a {
  color:#FF0;
}

That should help change the link color. You just need to change the first class for different groups, and add :hover, :active, etc.. rules if you want to change how the link displays when it's interacted with. For example :
Code:
.staff-post .postbody a {
  color:#FF0;
}

.staff-post .postbody a:hover {
  color:#F00;
}
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Streamer
Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Tue 15 Mar 2016, 9:06 pm

Ok... Thanks Ange your the best as always.

A couple questions on it though:

What am I changing the first class to exactly? Is there something from each group I need to add? Or do I just make it like the 'id' for each rank that I have in the gradient codes?

Thanks again Ange! Truly awesome you are (yoda moment Razz). Smile

-Brandon

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Wed 16 Mar 2016, 1:32 pm

so this thread hasn't been locked yet?
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Wed 16 Mar 2016, 11:38 pm

I told you already mtvfan, its not going to be locked until I am good and ready, at which I will do myself. Neutral

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:32 am

so it's going to long and drawn out wait Sad
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:03 pm

.staff-post is for the admin posts, yes ? Change that to the class of each staff post if you want to change the link color.

e.g.
Code:
.staff-post
.staff-post1
.staff-post2
etc...
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Streamer
Streamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:09 pm

Alright thanks Ange! I am currently running tests and experimenting on my test forum Smile.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 1mtvfan Fri 18 Mar 2016, 9:14 am

still a long and drawn out wait
1mtvfan
1mtvfan
Sports News Producer
Sports News Producer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sat 19 Mar 2016, 1:01 pm

This topic shall remain open while I still have gradients to add and get online, the project is taking awhile due to my busy schedule, for that I apologize.

For the time being you will just have to put up with this topic and when I am done with it , then I will personally lock it. Wink

Thanks for understanding
-Brandon

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon Sun 20 Mar 2016, 10:59 am

Ok, I have now the sent the code online @Ange Tuteur , the color for any link posted by an admin, will now appear yellow Very Happy.

Is that good or do you think another color might be better? I tried playing around with a couple on the forum, but they just didn't look right and in the end I figured yellow isn't so bad, because it is the hover color for links by default on BD anyway. Smile

Edit: There isn't a way to make it so it doesn't links in the actual post or else just so it doesnt effect tags? The tags coming up yellow for admins but blue for everyone else will look kinda strange Neutral. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks again for your help with Ange, still the best as always Very Happy.

Brandon

#StaySafe
Brandon
Brandon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum